• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

who took my OcForums name and put it on AIM!?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MadSkillzMan

i am outraged! i went to go register a new aim name, because well im sick of the majority of people on my list, figured itd be nice to start over, hit MadSkillzMan into the "desired" name, and :O someone else has it! ugh! now i hafta add numbers er something

/rant

ever happen to you?

I tried"Jack" and it said someone else had it, who'd figure? lol. I then tried Bostonfan but had to add 2897 because someone had bostonfan...Grr.

im sure noone else has mine..although...there was a steam account with it!

Aim was the first time i have ever seen "TheGreySpectre" used, although i strongly suspect that that was an account i registered a few years ago and forgot about

no i am not "the" greyspectre, im am only AGreySpectre :(

TheGreySpectre said:
Aim was the first time i have ever seen "TheGreySpectre" used, although i strongly suspect that that was an account i registered a few years ago and forgot about
That happened to me with AIM, but I always get my name.

i was wondering how effective talking with the person who has your screen name would be. i was mad when i found out my forum name was in use on AIM too. i wonder if you could talk with the person and maybe buy it from them or something. what would really **** me off would be if no one ever signed onto the name. i wonder if AOL deletes old accounts and the names become available again after a certain period of time

i was wondering how effective talking with the person who has your screen name would be. i was mad when i found out my forum name was in use on AIM too. i wonder if you could talk with the person and maybe buy it from them or something. what would really **** me off would be if no one ever signed onto the name. i wonder if AOL deletes old accounts and the names become available again after a certain period of time

i wish! i have a ton of names i cant use, because back in the win98 days, i registered using the netscape aim (TM) which i ugess differs from the AOL AIM (SM) afterawhile, that TM one wouldnt connect, and i soon found the TM names wouldnt connect on the SM and vice versa..>STUPID...

ohwell, atleast they have the "Display name" now, which isnt any diff than ICQ

Heh, for me my screen name is NEVER taken, unless I already have it.

AIM, hotmail, Gmail, Every single online game i have ever played. Anything that needs to be registered.

I have yet to see my S/N taken.

ZexMarquies01. First off, Zex Marquies is spelled wrong. It should be Zechs Merquise. I spelled it wrong on purpose. I prefer my way of spelling it anyways.

and the 01 was for 01 the Gundam. so my name already efftivly has numbers in it. but for my own reason.

as you could probably tell, i'm a big Gundam Wing fan.

I started using this screen name a looong time ago. and it stuck. Everyone online knows me as Zex or Zexmarquies01. its almost a part of me now. and i can't seperate myself from it. So even though my insane addiction to GW has lightened up a bit, i still continue to register this S/N for everything.

now, i just want a Licens plate that says " Zechs " heh.

i was ticked when i found out that "shard" was used, i am like the only dude i know that even remotly uses that name!

so thus i go with shard1331, my fav number, and it again in reverse, and it looks like l337 :D

Never happend to me - well once on ICQ some guy had MrGuv as his name - so i put theREALMrGuv

but other wise MrGuvernment or many variations or Mathiau i never taken :D

besides, i dont use aimreally.

P.S - take my name(s) and die.

I remember a longgg time ago there was a pretty swee forum called www.aol-files.com I had a lot of fun there. It was based around AIM and AOL and exploiting it etc. A lot of modified RES files on there. :D

Anyways, there was a section dedicated to swapping AIM names.

-Hey, does anyone have the name illogitech? I can trade you for un1bomber.

-I have Illogitech dude!! Awesome, I'll trade you for un1bomber, I never use illogitech anymore. If anyone IM's you just block them!!

Man, that was a sweet forum. Learned a lot there.

I've usually got a 50/50 on my perfered username "comp_nerd" being used amazingly :D Depends on how many people are on the service I'm signing up for. If it's huge, it's probably taken (GMail, AIM), but most smaller things it works quite well.

JigPu

My name is taken about half the time...
If it is, I normally just create a nice variation of it... It's all good!

But what about passwords? How many seperate ones do you have? And how many can you remember?

Back