• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ VX bit the dirt

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
thanks again for the help Steve, im currently waiting for a reply from support

TimoneX said:
I'd test those sticks very very thoroughly before pronouncing them dead. My DFI nF4 boards have indicated that my UTT sticks were dead dozens of times, but not one of six has been destroyed, the motherboard is just not functioning properly.
i messed with the ram for two full days and one of them is definitely dead, i even went out and bought another DFI nf4 board and it would not boot, i got it to boot once after i encountered the problem and it failed windows memtest almost immediately and my PC crashed shortly after at stock speeds, i wouldn't give these sticks up if i didn't have to

Senater_Cache said:
im sorry to have to ask, but what is the name of these sticks? Gold VX 2-2-2 ?
im looking to buy 2 sets of these and try to run (2GB) 4x512 @ ~250-260mhz on a x10 venice and NF4 ultra-d, powerstram520. Is that a possibility? dual channel ?

thanks

SenC.
Even if the new revision cpu can handle 4x512 the mobo won't be up to it, at least at 1T. the dfi manual states that ram running in slots 1&3 have to be run at 2T, hence DFI recommending running dual channel in slots 2&4

Last edited:
Senater_Cache said:
so what does that mean? that it wont be dual channel? hmm.
forgive me, but what is the difference between 1T and 2T, I sound liek a complete noob, but darn, I forgot.
SenC.
1T and 2T is the command rate, using 2T is will allow for higher OCing but it decreases bandwidth drastically, always try to run 1T if possible even with a lower OC

SteveOCZ said:
The 3200 should still do at least 250. :)

If you gentlemen would like guaranteed 250mhz speed with VX memory, you had better purchase the PC4000 VX. The PC3200 VX should overclock fairly well, but there are no gurantees.

We just want you to be aware of this.

Thanks!

andyOCZ said:
If you gentlemen would like guaranteed 250mhz speed with VX memory, you had better purchase the PC4000 VX. The PC3200 VX should overclock fairly well, but there are no gurantees.

We just want you to be aware of this.

Thanks!

:welcome: to the forums.....

Indeed, you get what you pay for.

sigh, wish i could upgrade with the RMA, BTW how long does it to complete an RMA? i've emailed support and haven't recieved any replies yet, the only reply i got was from Steve... its really good to have you guys here on the forums :thup:

Last edited:
bobmanfoo said:
sigh, wish i could upgrade with the RMA, BTW how long does it to complete an RMA? i've emailed support and haven't recieved any replies yet, the only reply i got was from Steve... its really good to have you guys here on the forums :thup:

The guys are swamped in support, sales are way up and we need to hire. When did you email them?

andyOCZ said:
The guys are swamped in support, sales are way up and we need to hire. When did you email them?
once about the original problem about 4 days ago, then i got in contact with steve and he sent me the RMA questionaire and i filled and sent that out 2 days ago, still no reply, i called them today and they say the will ge to it

Edit: just checked my email and was asked to ship the kit back first, i asked if another kit could be sent first since one of the sticks still works and i am currently using it but the question wasn't answered, is this possible? i have a feeling that this will take a while so im might just get a some new ram and sell the VX when RMA is complete, thanks for the help Andy

Edit: Nevermind, i called again and got everything sorted out, my new kit should be shipped out monday, thanks again

Last edited:
update: just recieved my new sticks and the top out at 255mhz w/ 3.5v, hope i can get a little more out of them after they are broken in

Back