• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best place to find proxies?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SnakeEyez

Im wondering if anyone on here knows of the best place on the web to get proxies?

Looking for annon and socks4/5 proxies :shrug:

Here's some good ones:
http://www.google.ca/search?q=publi...ient=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

Make sure you:
1) Go to the site of the proxy provider, and make sure they are providing it to the public
2) Read the EULA and understand your rights (all sites log your usage, but with some proxies they have a very loose privacy policy)
3) Never use proxies for banking, email or anywhere where you need to login, as they may steal your passwords or info.
4) Remember that everything you do is logged, for the law, it's just as easy to trace it to you than if you connect directly, and even more incriminating.

yeah i checked all those websites under a google search nothin really impressed me, looking for something thats updated more frequently and have more alive proxies lots are already dead on the lists they post.

I know about how the law can still trace em to you but I just like to look 8)

Well, the easiest way to find one is to use the lists of proxies.. they have spiders discovering them all the time.. however, about 95% of them are misconfigured and the admin has no idea, so you shouldn't be using them. 5% are public proxies that allow you to use them.

The best way to find one is to either make your own, which provides the best performance, but worst anonymity, or by talking to the network admins. If you are in college or university, there may be a proxy they have available for students that you can use. In fact, they may have it set up in a nice large proxy network that will get you extremely fast results.

Back