• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iLLestOne

Okay, I've had to reinstall windows truthfully about 20 times this year. Last year, I installed it once.

I think the problem might be my mb's sata controller. I bought a new raptor, b/c my old hd died (might have been mb's fault) and now I am still getting constant problems.

My comp. will reboot just the the hell of it from time to time, no blue screen or anything. It just did that now, and then after restarting like 10 times, I finally got back into windows, and it says new hardware found. It said it found a "pci modem" and "raid controller". I had most of my stuff on the raptor (had the o/s until last week, when I moved it over to my ide drive because of the CONSTANT corruption I was getting (yes I changed the timing to 1ms)) and now I can't get windows to recognize it. I go to search for drivers, and put in the floppy w/ the drivers, and go to the dir, and it says it can't find any drivers...So wtf can I do? I'm upgrading to 64, but need to wait til the new ones becuase more availble....

Please help!!! I HATE computers

So to sum it up, I need to know how to see if my stupid motherboard is broken or not. Windows see's the drives, but won't load the damn drivers for them, even after I point it to the DIR they are in....

Hello Mate,

I'm truly sorry that you are having a torrid time with Windows. I see that you may be overclocked. What happens when you reduce your OC by say 20MHz and run the ram on a divider?

I assumed you did a bit-fill format (low level format) before you installed Windows. That would take care of any cluster allocation size issues. I think part of the problem (as you have diagnosed ) may be with your RAID 0 setup.

What exactly do you mean by "moved my OS over to the IDE drive?"
You can't move the OS over to another drive unless you Ghost it. Any such attempt would result in strange behaviour.

Well I had windows on my Raptor, but kept getting corruption and had to run checkdisk everyday, so I reinstalled windows on my IDE drive hopeing windows would acually start working right.

On a wim, I uninstalled Roxio, and what do you know, i restarted and my raptor was back....so I guess something is wrong w/ Roxio.

Back