Post Need precision temp sensor

I need a precision temperature sensor, it has to be accurate to at least one degree, preferable better though, I want it to sense the onboard thermal diode of my athlon xp barton 2600 socke A, I hate mobo sensors, I want it to be more accurate then a mobo sensor, and I don't want to buy a new mobo, but I will if I have to. Is there any aftermarket boxes/boards etc. that are made to read the diode? I am assuming that I would have to solder a couple of pins, which is fine.

I also posted this in the mobo section, so I am not really asking about mobo sensors here, unless they are uber precise.

What you try to do isn't too common, but I think that someone here on forums has tried this before and posted something about it. Generally, I think that datasheets taht you can get from www.amd.com might help with this project. A problem might be external sensor interferring with mobo.

Take a look at Fluke's website, if I remember right, they are accurate to a quarter of a degree C.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by LabRat23
    Take a look at Fluke's website, if I remember right, they are accurate to a quarter of a degree C.
    they are too expensive, thank you though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m
    What you try to do isn't too common, but I think that someone here on forums has tried this before and posted something about it. Generally, I think that datasheets taht you can get from www.amd.com might help with this project. A problem might be external sensor interferring with mobo.
    I have checked the data sheets, thank you, do you know if they make complete kits for less than ~$60 though? https://shop.maxim-ic.com/cgi-bin/Ma...w/MAX6654EVKIT
    Last edited by redwraith94; 04-22-05 at 04:55 PM.