• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need precision temp sensor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

redwraith94

I need a precision temperature sensor, it has to be accurate to at least one degree, preferable better though, I want it to sense the onboard thermal diode of my athlon xp barton 2600 socke A, I hate mobo sensors, I want it to be more accurate then a mobo sensor, and I don't want to buy a new mobo, but I will if I have to. Is there any aftermarket boxes/boards etc. that are made to read the diode? I am assuming that I would have to solder a couple of pins, which is fine.

I also posted this in the mobo section, so I am not really asking about mobo sensors here, unless they are uber precise.

What you try to do isn't too common, but I think that someone here on forums has tried this before and posted something about it. Generally, I think that datasheets taht you can get from www.amd.com might help with this project. A problem might be external sensor interferring with mobo.

Take a look at Fluke's website, if I remember right, they are accurate to a quarter of a degree C.

LabRat23 said:
Take a look at Fluke's website, if I remember right, they are accurate to a quarter of a degree C.

they are too expensive, thank you though.

Ven0m said:
What you try to do isn't too common, but I think that someone here on forums has tried this before and posted something about it. Generally, I think that datasheets taht you can get from www.amd.com might help with this project. A problem might be external sensor interferring with mobo.

I have checked the data sheets, thank you, do you know if they make complete kits for less than ~$60 though? https://shop.maxim-ic.com/cgi-bin/Maxim.storefront/326662132/Product/View/MAX6654EVKIT

Last edited:
Back