• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which PSU for the V1000B?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

k0r34nguy

I am considering purchasing the v1000B, but I heard that the Fortron Blue Storm 500w and the OCZ PowerStreams have a hard time fitting in properly. Any suggestions on a PSU that will fit in a v1000 and will perform well?

k0r34nguy said:
I am considering purchasing the v1000B, but I heard that the Fortron Blue Storm 500w and the OCZ PowerStreams have a hard time fitting in properly. Any suggestions on a PSU that will fit in a v1000 and will perform well?

How would those 2 psu you mentioned wouldn't fit properly on a v1000B? The OCZ is longer and the blue storm is a regular size psu with a 120mm fan. :shrug: :p If I were you I'd get the Fortron 530W or 550W version. It would look fantastic with your case. :p

The 530w Fortron is about 1 inch longer then the 500w Blue Storm. Not sure on the OCZ since i have never owned one before.

stang8118 said:
The 530w Fortron is about 1 inch longer then the 500w Blue Storm. Not sure on the OCZ since i have never owned one before.

I think they're about the same size, Since they are both equiped with with 2x80mm fans in push and pull configuration. But anyways, the fortron would outshine the powerstream in comes to stainless steel. :p

Back