• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[WTA]Heat or SP2 problem on 9800pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

davidsk2001

Recently my 9800pro have artifact when playing game. This problem occurs when i play Underground 2. I already patch the Underground 2 to versoin 1.2 already. But i play gangland with no artifact- clean and clear.

I think the card no have temperature problem because i no change the stock heatsink, some more i just brought it about 3 or 4 month only. The heatsink and fan are clean.

I scan artifact using ATI tray tools with no problem.
Will be driver problem?? But i have use the latest driver from official ATI website.
By the way, i do only install windows SP1 only because i cant install windows SP2.

I wanna ask that do the SP2 affect my game have artifact?? also that my friends say that my power connector are abit hot compare to his computer.

thanks.

Is the card overclocked, have you ever removed the hsf, is where you live getting warmer? did anything change? run atitool and scan for artifacts. Nfu2 is much more demanding then gangland, so it might just be that your card is overheating only when playing more demanding games while gangland won't be stressing enough to cause the card to overheat.

Don't delay, get a fan blowing directly on the card. Last year I RMAed a 9800Pro, the fan melted after about 5 hours gaming and artifacts were off the charts. I couldn't get a 9800Pro replacement so I bumped up to a 9800XT dual fan. I still have a case fan blowing right on that sucker, awesome card, not taking any chances. If you solve the problem with a fan, and satisfied with the card, get an Arctic Cooler for it.

i have run scan artifact in ATI tray tool but no artifact are detect. Everything are find in ATI tray tool. Now the problem for me is really is SP2 problem or heat problem. Is happen before, but after i reformat my windows (due to some problem then format it) then everything before okay already. No more artifact and game are play smooth. But now happen again, but this time happen is because i no install SP2 and use the latest ATI driver.
From ati website notice that must have SP2 to install their driver. So will be the problem for it??

thank again.

i have the same problem but with eve online. i rma'd my old card because this problem affected every game i played. but now with the new card they sent me it only does it on eve online as far as i can tell. i do not have my card overclocked and my case temp stays at 40C. tonight i just installed winxp on another partition and the problem is still there. i have tried numerous catalyst and omega drivers with negative results.

eve online pixels
the pixelation continously gets worse unless i change the gfx settings in the game which refreshes the entire screen. if i do not do this or exit the game the pixelation progressively gets worse and eventually reboots the computer.

Pop your case, turn house fan to blow in case, run game.
No artifacts its a heat problem.
See artifacts, bad card, bug in software or driver problem.

Have you run Prime on the box, this dosen't look like a normal GPU artifact, but bad texture mapping coming from the cpu or system ram.

by the way, i would like to ask that why my accerelation of AGP all are set to off? will be affect the system stability and occur artifact?

Back