• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sen's Burn-In Technique

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
dsb1829, i still use the old method... whatever version of cpu burn that i still have. :)

lemme know if you need me to host the file or anything.

from the sticky thread:
"From here you force the CPU to 100% load by any means you have. Good programs for doing this are: CPU Burn, Toast, F@H, S&M, SiSandra Burn In Utilitiy."

I would like to stress that Folding@Home should not be used as a burn-in utility. Since burn-in as defined here would be running the cpu in a not so stable state, running F@H calculations as a means to maximize a cpu would be detrimental to the project as the work would likely not complete which in turn would slow down the project.

We would love for anyone on OCF to join our Folding@Home Team, please follow that link and post up a thread if you're interested. Even Prime95 stable machines are known to fail and show instability when running F@H, making F@H a continuous and even better stability tester than Prime95. But because F@H is a project doing real scientific work one needs to pre-test their rig with Prime95 to ensure the OC is decently stable before attempting F@H calculations.

I did this method for a few weeks. I increased the OC about 30 Mhz, but the stability is a crap shoot. Every time you reboot, it almost "erases" the gained stability.

Back