• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

In the beginning....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Mr B said:
Yep. First or 2nd week of Dec. 2000. I stumbled in the door the 3rd week, and registered on the 28th. There were still numerous "active" threads concerning issues from the changeover being posted in when I joined.

I heard rumours of a "Red Room", but I think it was abandoned and removed by the time LutaWicasa and I were promoted high enough to have access to it.

Isn't that because it was easier for Skip and Joe to just phone each other? :D

I still kick my self for not joining when i first descoved OCF, i used it as a resource starting in 2000 but never really felt the urge to post, now im glad im here, this is by far one of the best forums on the net. Lots of respect to the people that make it happen :) and you know i will be here for quite a bit longer, as long as there is something to mod/overclock/void.

Woah! I can't believe I've missed this thread!

David's post > *
Hck, even I learned a few tidbits of forum history I'd been fuzzy on from it! Must be because David's a few months older than I ;)

/me gives David a big ol' mug o' :beer: :)
JigPu

infinitevalence said:
I still kick my self for not joining when i first descoved OCF, i used it as a resource starting in 2000 but never really felt the urge to post, now im glad im here, this is by far one of the best forums on the net. Lots of respect to the people that make it happen :) and you know i will be here for quite a bit longer, as long as there is something to mod/overclock/void.

Same here, i was just watching/reading other posts until one day i took the first step :) and i think it was a stupid post, lol :p

thanks for the history, i lruked here for 6moths before posting, and still onyl occasionally post when i see help is needed that i can provde (which is rare indeed). havea good day

Thanks for this thread David. It is a nice stroll down memory lane. I am one of those that used to post every day. Life gets all complicated and we come and go. I well remember the joys and traumas of years past. The legend lives on. I have mostly been lurking lately, but I have observed the same enthusiasm and OC spirit in current members as was expressed by those of years past when the Bios was not oc friendly and all settings were applied thru jumper switching ....shudder... :bang head One thing that has been consistant throughout the history of the forums is the welcoming attitude of the members towards newcomers (noobs). We all started as noobs and we remember that when a person joins and their first post is like " Ok, so where is the overclock button on my HP Pavilion". Usually the response will be a warm welcome, some questions about the members sytem, a little basic advice and a pointer to the stickies and the front page articles for a little "OC basic training". A lot of other sites members are quick to jump all over a noob with wisea** remarks and sarcastic advice like; :rolleyes: "Well first off you need to spray 10-W-40 all over your mobo to reduce friction on the electrons, then take a pint of chocolate syrup and...."
Thanks again for the history David. :beer:

nice! i learned alot about my home here.
also what is this thing about IMOG's nipple? i rememeber it was talked about everywhere but then i was to lazy to ask about it. :shrug: :)

ati said:
nice! i learned alot about my home here.
also what is this thing about IMOG's nipple? i rememeber it was talked about everywhere but then i was to lazy to ask about it. :shrug: :)

I think he said it to nerdlogic...'but we love you..wanna see my nipple?'

Does this count as the "bad-type" thread revival? I think this thread is so cool and everyone should read it, haha! I was asking about a history in another thread, and I was directed to this. Such a good read! :)

GV2NIX said:
Does this count as the "bad-type" thread revival? I think this thread is so cool and everyone should read it, haha! I was asking about a history in another thread, and I was directed to this. Such a good read! :)

You're Welcome :)

And I think I'll take another read through this thread now...

I think it would be fun to start another pic thread so that all the elders, veterans, and seniors can show their faces once more! "Neo-historians" like us who came in later but are interested in the forum's history can post too. I feel like we're archaeologists rediscovering the treasures and lore of an ancient civilization!

Ok, reading it over, it sounds like a cheesy idea, but I still think it would be fun. :)

GV2NIX said:
I think it would be fun to start another pic thread so that all the elders, veterans, and seniors can show their faces once more! "Neo-historians" like us who came in later but are interested in the forum's history can post too. I feel like we're archaeologists rediscovering the treasures and lore of an ancient civilization!

Ok, reading it over, it sounds like a cheesy idea, but I still think it would be fun. :)
I know some of us moderators have made it a point to stay hidden, like myself and Sam. <spooky> No one knows anything about Sam, except that he hunts Classifieds trolls with a bazoooookkaaaa! </spooky>

Back