• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CM Stacker Cross Flow Fan?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

whitebloodcell

Do owners of the Stacker reccomend getting the Cross flow fan for the case? Does it help much with Temps. Cooling I will have already is. One 120mm intake over the HDDs. 120mm exhaust. PSU exhaust. No blowhole (unless I have to, I dont like 80mm fans) CPU, GPU, Chipset watercooled.

Nah you've already got water-cooling so I wouldn't suggest it for you specifically. Really its more of a gimmick than anything methinks. Couldn't hurt tho, that's why I'm getting one soon.

I'm really more concerned with the cross flow fan being noisy given the fact that it uses a lot of small fans.

Can anyone comment on this?

Cheers, Flix

I've read in reviews that at its lowest setting its silent but at high it is audible, but if you already have two 120mm fans goin, you're probably not goin to hear it. The cross-flow fan in concept is a very good idea I just wish they wouldn't gouge you for it(thirty bucks for a fan? I mean, come on)when in concept its really supposed to come with the case since it only works with the Stacker case. I think the way they market the case even on the box itself is somewhat deceptive(not like Asus)even tho they do state the crossflow fan is optional. To a passerby however it would seem like the fan comes with but meh, oh well. Just another manufacturer trying to make an easy extra buck I guess.

Back