• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What does your Venice or San Diego overclock to?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What does your Venice or San Diego overclock to?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is 2.8Ghz+ on a San Diego a realistic goal for a fairly good water cooling setup? Keep in mind I've had 3 lowsy overclockers in a row (I'm hoping to not have THAT bad of luck for #4) and my TCCD should be able to handle 265 or more @ 1T just fine. My last two clawhammers became unstable with less than 200Mhz OC no matter what the vcore was set to.

Eric

ewitte said:
Is 2.8Ghz+ on a San Diego a realistic goal for a fairly good water cooling setup? Keep in mind I've had 3 lowsy overclockers in a row (I'm hoping to not have THAT bad of luck for #4) and my TCCD should be able to handle 265 or more @ 1T just fine. My last two clawhammers became unstable with less than 200Mhz OC no matter what the vcore was set to.

Eric
That's really gonna boil down to your standard of stability.

2.7ghz LBBLE 0516 stepping 300x9
1/2" H20 setup RBX block Eheim 1250 pump
1.47v it says in windows, 1.525 in BIOS
28c idle; 37c load
DFI SLI-DR Motherboard
500w Fortron Bluestorm
Twinmos SP UTT Memory

Still burning in as we speak. Trying to get the voltages as low as stock with this clock! only spent about 8hour total so far. Before it took 1.6v to get prime stable when i first installed this cpu.

Joe Camel said:
this chip is try'n REAL hard to win the spot under the MachII :)

Mine won a spot, it's already beating the FX-55 in several marks. That 1.648v is my chips sweet spot as well under phase. More voltage doesn't help it enough to justify the added heat. Results looking good!

I just casted my vote in. 2.45GHz passed 3dmark and superPI 32m. 2.5GHz is a no go however. I have not tested for clocks in between but I bet it can do close to 2.5GHz stable but ill just run 2.45 for 24/7 to be safe. Thats not bad considering a 3800+ is only 2.4GHz! I can do like 2.3GHz without raising the volts

The performance rating of your CPU: 3000+
The stepping code, and date of manufacture of your CPU: LBBLE (forgot week)
Cooling (be as detailed as possible) zalman 7000B Al-Cu
Voltage (both what you've set it to and what it is read at): 1.59
Temps (idle/load) : 36/51
Motherboard : DFI lanparty ut nf4 ultra-d
Power Supply : enermax 460 eps12v
What testing you've done to ensure stability: SuperPI 32M, Prime95
Anything else you think is relevant: my ram sucks

This is my OC Ill be adding it to the SD post also.Im using a XP-90 with a TT silent fan.
2.7.JPG

Last edited:
Back