• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What does your Venice or San Diego overclock to?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What does your Venice or San Diego overclock to?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gnerma

What could be the first truly exciting Athlon 64 CPUs to overclock have finally dropped! what does yours overclock to? Please remember that this poll is intended to gague the general overclocking concensus of the revision E CPUs versus past and future Athlon 64 generations. Its purpose is not to collect exact scientific data about overclocking revision E chips. That would be nearly impossible in this venue.

• Please only post rock solid stable clocks, none of these "superPI 1mb ok but fails prime" clocks. This is not up for discussion. If you want to start an 'unstable clocks' poll you're free to ask any senior member or moderator to start you one. What is a stable overclock? Well, we all have our different definitions so ask yourself this; Is this the clock speed I plan on staying with and wouldn't be concerned running any type of app no matter how critical? If you think your chip can do more given a little effort on your part, you might want to wait on voting.

• If you vote, PLEASE post this additional info:

The performance rating of your CPU (for example 3000+, 3200+, 3500+ etc)
    The stepping code, and date of manufacture of your CPU
    The overclocked MHz and MULTIxHTT of your CPU
    Cooling (be as detailed as possible)
    Voltage (both what you've set it to and what it is read at)
    Temps (idle/load)
    Motherboard
    Power Supply
    What testing you've done to ensure stability
    Anything else you think is relevant

• Please no "info in sig" or "see sig" kinds of posts. Type the information out into the body of your message. This ensures the archive value of this thread. You might be running a totally different system in a few months after all.
  • This is a public poll so others will be able to see what option you picked.
  • I set a 6 month voting limit because what early steppings clock to might be totally different than what later steppings do. We can make a fresh poll at that time if it's still relevant.

Last edited:
Dammit you beat me. I love making polls, well every one that I ever did.

I'd suggest grouping San Diegos with this. Same core essentially.

Gautam said:
Dammit you beat me. I love making polls, well every one that I ever did.
You got to make the last one :p

Gautam said:
I'd suggest grouping San Diegos with this. Same core essentially.
Done. Although I can't edit the pool question. No big deal. EDIT bah been 5 minutes already, I've got Mr. B on it though ;)

Last edited:
Hehe, fair enough. 2450 is the baseline eh...high expectations for these puppies. Hopefully Revision E will live up to them.

Gautam said:
Hehe, fair enough. 2450 is the baseline eh...high expectations for these puppies. Hopefully Revision E will live up to them.
Yeah I thought about that for a while, and eventually decided that 12 options would be necessary to have a poll I'd be happy with. If a big bubble shows up on the low end we can close/redo.

Lets call mine stable between 3150-3250. I don't have a 24 hour of prime, but it games, benches and does what i need it to do at around 3200MHz rock solid. Very happy with my Venice.

Last edited:
So far we have two that do 3250+ MHz.... :-/.

Come on people, please treat the polls with dignity and respect, or just don't vote.

well, i'm just as concerned about the mem controller as the clock itself, if g.skill LA's can do 350 at cas 2.5, i want that diego to do the same at 1T, can we add a 2nd poll w/ fsb's and have them list their ram/voltages, come on Gautam, you know you want to :p

felinusz said:

Come on people, please treat the polls with dignity and respect, or just don't vote.
Yeah, seriously people. Can a mod delete those "outliers"?

felinusz said:

Not to mention someone who deffiantly doesn't have one.

Awsome, we can see who voted what. We know who the liars are...muhahah

Between 3151 Mhz & 3250 Mhz - jack222 -

More than 3250 Mhz - Asghar, crb806, pak

I'm sure all 4 of them own one. Thanks for throwing off the results :p

is it not possible to make a poll where only a mod or the creator can post the results or what not.....so in other words you would have to show your OC results to get on the list.....

or how about just a regular thread thats stickied or somethign with a site that is updated each time somone post results....and keep the link in the first post....that way it would be hard for kids to throw off teh results like they are tryin to do...

ludeboy12 said:
is it not possible to make a poll where only a mod or the creator can post the results or what not.....so in other words you would have to show your OC results to get on the list.....

or how about just a regular thread thats stickied or somethign with a site that is updated each time somone post results....and keep the link in the first post....that way it would be hard for kids to throw off teh results like they are tryin to do...

thats not actually a bad idea

Sucka said:
Awsome, we can see who voted what. We know who the liars are...muhahah

Between 3151 Mhz & 3250 Mhz - jack222 -

More than 3250 Mhz - Asghar, crb806, pak

I'm sure all 4 of them own one. Thanks for throwing off the results :p

Yea, really, and I have a 5ghz p4. :/

Bah...you all and your lame Venices. My Palomino 2100+ does 3.25+GHz. :rolleyes:

If you are going to vote in the pole, please:

If you vote, please post this additional info:

Cooling (be as detailed as possible)
Voltage (both what you've set it to and what it is read at)
Temps (idle/load)
Motherboard
Power Supply
What testing you've done to ensure stability

Thanks.

{PMS}fishy said:
Yea, really, and I have a 5ghz p4. :/

lol....if you vote it, it must be true.

I bet these guys didn't think they would get caught....lol Is being able to view who voted what new or something, don't think i've ever seen that before.

It is a feature available with Vbulletin3.0

The administrator can chose weather or not it is enabled, and if it is, I beleive the poll poster can also chose if they want it in that particular poll.

Back