• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cant run at stock timings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Litoris

Registered
I just built a new system with a P4 2.8e, Abit IC7-G, and Mushkin L2V2. If i run the ram at stock 2 2 2 5 timings i get thousands of errors in memtest. The best I can do is 3 3 3 8 with 2.7 volts and then it passes memetest but locks up occasionally in windows. Could there be a setting in the bios Im missing, or should I RMA my ram?

Mike Litoris said:
I just built a new system with a P4 2.8e, Abit IC7-G, and Mushkin L2V2. If i run the ram at stock 2 2 2 5 timings i get thousands of errors in memtest. The best I can do is 3 3 3 8 with 2.7 volts and then it passes memetest but locks up occasionally in windows. Could there be a setting in the bios Im missing, or should I RMA my ram?

:welcome: to the forums.....

are you trying to run the memory at spd settings? If so then you might want to contact Mushkin to see if you're missing something. Ninja is assisting with Mushkin so he might be able to help you also.

Thank you for the welcome :)
spd was 2.5 2 2 6 i believe, and id get thousands of errors in memtest. I had to manually set it to 3 3 3 8 and up the voltage to get it to pass. I just sent Mushkin an email, iI'll see what they say.

keep us informed...... If you're running two sticks, did you try each stick at a time to see if you have a bad one?

Yeah I tired each stick individually with the same results. I read that intel systems have issues with tccd chip, is that true?

After messing with this all weekend I got it running pretty good. I still cant tighten the timings much but i got it running at 250mhz 2.5-3-3-8. I'll run memtest while I'm at work tomorrow to see if its stable.

Mike Litoris said:

May be heat related. I dunno.

Back