• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tayn mobo & PIII 700Mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
For the temps in Corsica, well, I suppose they are fine, it's still mediterranean wheater :) and for the vid card, stick the fan on the heatsink!

Tried it!

Tried it and it don't work! I found a link on some other site nothing can be done on this Mobo. I'm waiting till after x-mas then i'm gettin an Abit KG7-R so hopefully i can have some phun wif that!

Thanks for the Info!

Hi dizzy_g,
My personal suggestion is for an Abit KR7A-Raid, it's the same of the other one, but with the newer KT266A chipset that improves performance of 15-20% ;)

Did it again!

Thats the second time i've done that! I ment to type KR7A-Raid. I'm gettin mixed up with all these feckin mobo numbers!

Cheers once again!

Damn it again, editing this one. I had not seen that mobo, i was right typing ABIT KG7-R i usually got it mixed up with KT7A-RAID . I had not spotted that one. Do you know anywhere to buy one cheap cheap!

Thanks again!

Last edited:
It's always a pleasure, you're welcome,
and don't worry, can happen to everyone, we aren't the best for the Multitasking thing ;)

Quick look!

I took a quick look for that Mobo but no where seems to have one for sale!

Any ideas!

Alos can the ABIT KG7-R take higher than 1.4Ghz persume it can but i ain't too sure! They do say future processors

Well, Abit's have released this Mobo in this week, and supports up to XP 1.90Ghz at the moment, Ata133 controller and 4 dimm slot like the Shuttle AK31, all the others only 3, if I remember well :), for sure this Mobo is on my way, probably for x-mas or later.

KG7-R!

KR7A-Raid is one sweet lookin mobo. Its a must for after christmas, tyan (piece of crap) mobo for sale!!!

Any idea of price range for KR7A-Raid????? Or waht to expect!

Kudos to "The Doors" :D

It's very difficult to say at this moment Kudos, but I suppose around 150$, we will know more in the next days, but I'm looking all around coz I'm planning to replace my 'old' Tb system during the next week :D

Replacing mobo!

Hmmm you want to replace your mobo!
I'm so sick of my mobo it has a crappy PIII (Hope Intel don't hear that I'm going working for them soon!), sitting on a Tyan mobo whcih can't overclock jack ****!!!!!

I think i'll try and get a KR7A-Raid after Christmas it would be a snip at $150 if that is what it is going to be!!! (Please let the US dollar drop after christmas! Or the punt get stronger, but then it will be the Euro, i'm so sick of trying to convert all these damn currencies! )

Roll on January!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p
I hate Christmas!:mad:

Well,
probably I was too much optimist considering 150$, I think that 200$ is the right price for the first months, and after will drop around 150-180$.
About the system upgrade, well, I've a dealer that wants as soon as possible my 'old' Tb system, so I'm considering to go with a Shuttle AK31 rev3 or a Msi K7T266 Pro2 with an XP1700+, a Pal 8045 or a SK6 and 1x512 or 2x256Mb of Pc2100 DDR mem modules (Mushkin or Crucial).

Me!

if the KR7A-Raid is too dear after Christmas i'm going for ABIT KG7-R for sure!
XP1700+ like yourself, 2x256Mb of Pc2100 DDR Crucial (much like yourself too, and all my old bits and pieces!(Very happy with these, even my ATI 64DDR, it rocks, i know Geforce is better, but i'm happy!)
I have a SK6, its loud!!!!

Total price at moment $353.00!!!

Bye bye old crappy PIII and crap mobo, Hello Speed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back