• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

so your still fantasizing about that 3GHz Venice.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm not sweating it....... I'll see if I can do better........ 3 Gigs on air is a bit much, but these chips seem to do well within the 2.6-2.8Gig range.

My 3000 venice will be here tomorow... as long as i can get 2.6-2.7ghz i am just happy and will have gotten my moneys worth.

It could be that his had a defect in it that kept it from overclocking as high as the others......... I've been reading over at XS every day, and except for the San Diego's having the cold bug, I haven't been reading about any other people not achieving 2.8-3 gigs on air.

Both venice and diego have cold bug but they can still often go down to -40c or so, this isnt bad. Maybe the 90nm fx55s will like the cold

OMG my Venice came 2 days early!

ADA3000DAA4BP
LBBLE 0516CPBW
Z637444D51050

Is this a Venice or some winchester? I have no clue what LBBLE stepping is good or not. I can see it was made in week 16 this year, this makes my Venice about a month old! Very new! The last 4 numbers 1050 means positition of the silcon? Thats pretty far from the center! I dont know how high it goes but someone has a 1200! I am a bit busy tonight so itll have to wait till tomorrow before I try out this Venice. I am going to sell my winny only if my mobo properly works with the Venice and if the Venice can get equal or better 3dmarks than my winny and it must have a good ondie too. I dont even know if this cpus a Venice but I am assuming so.......

Overclocker550 said:
Both venice and diego have cold bug but they can still often go down to -40c or so, this isnt bad. Maybe the 90nm fx55s will like the cold

ADA3000DAA4BP
LBBLE 0516CPBW
Z637444D51050

Is this a Venice or some winchester? I have no clue what LBBLE stepping is good or not. I can see it was made in week 16 this year, this makes my Venice about a month old! Very new! The last 4 numbers 1050 means positition of the silcon? Thats pretty far from the center! I dont know how high it goes but someone has a 1200! I am a bit busy tonight so itll have to wait till tomorrow before I try out this Venice. I am going to sell my winny only if my mobo properly works with the Venice and if the Venice can get equal or better 3dmarks than my winny and it must have a good ondie too. I dont even know if this cpus a Venice but I am assuming so.......

hmmm my san-diego 4000+ just arrived today:

ADA4000DAA5BN
CABHE 0515SPMW
1235306D50216

do my last 4 numbers mean it was close to center (0216)? I never read up on these numbers before....

your probably right about the last 4. amd speed bins their cpus and they know the closer to the center, the better silcon. This is why you generally expect the lower 3000+ ones to have a high number like my 1050. Your 4000+ has a pretty low number. fx55s would probably be below 100

My San Diego 3700+ has arrived from Monarch: :)

ADA3700DAA5BN
CABGE 0515VPMW

I got a Fortron BlueStorm 500w on the way from the EGG, it will be here on Wednesday, but I will still try to push it a bit in the meantime with what I have. I'll be putting this bad boy in this evening. :attn:

Last edited:
o.k. so everyone get their chips today instead of me..... can we get some results already? :p

Yeah i am with Houserat! I gotta wait till tommorow! :(

Interested on how the 3000's and 3200's are doing.

I have yet to see a 3000+ anywhere..... the few 3200+ have done pretty well, like around 2.8.

Overclocker550 said:

ADA3000DAA4BP
LBBLE 0516CPBW
Z637444D51050

ADA3000SAABP = venice "BP", san diegos are "BN"

Back