• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

so your still fantasizing about that 3GHz Venice.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Overclocker550 said:
Both venice and diego have cold bug but they can still often go down to -40c or so, this isnt bad. Maybe the 90nm fx55s will like the cold

OMG my Venice came 2 days early!

ADA3000DAA4BP
LBBLE 0516CPBW
Z637444D51050

Is this a Venice or some winchester? I have no clue what LBBLE stepping is good or not. I can see it was made in week 16 this year, this makes my Venice about a month old! Very new! The last 4 numbers 1050 means positition of the silcon? Thats pretty far from the center! I dont know how high it goes but someone has a 1200! I am a bit busy tonight so itll have to wait till tomorrow before I try out this Venice. I am going to sell my winny only if my mobo properly works with the Venice and if the Venice can get equal or better 3dmarks than my winny and it must have a good ondie too. I dont even know if this cpus a Venice but I am assuming so.......

Please dont try perpetuate the myth about the serial number = position on the silicon wafer.
If you took the time to read threads that were not just about new Venices/San Diego and 3DM01 you will have seen some interesting posts regarding a visit to AMD's Singapore fianl testing where they show the assembled cores being laser etched en masse.
Now if the cores are already assembled in Malaysia then shipped to S'pore for final testing how on earth can the serial number be some sort of reference to the individual wafer fabricated in Germany! rofl
The only minor reference to wafers within the code is the third letter of CPBW - the B signifying that it came from the second batch of cores typically used from one batch of wafers used for assembly in Malaysia on the day in question (C= Wednesday of week 16). Oh and the cores merely follow first in first out where possible so earlier batches in the day are not necessarily better before you think that too!

OC Detective said:
Please dont try perpetuate the myth about the serial number = position on the silicon wafer.
If you took the time to read threads that were not just about new Venices/San Diego and 3DM01 you will have seen some interesting posts regarding a visit to AMD's Singapore fianl testing where they show the assembled cores being laser etched en masse.
Now if the cores are already assembled in Malaysia then shipped to S'pore for final testing how on earth can the serial number be some sort of reference to the individual wafer fabricated in Germany! rofl
The only minor reference to wafers within the code is the third letter of CPBW - the B signifying that it came from the second batch of cores typically used from one batch of wafers used for assembly in Malaysia on the day in question (C= Wednesday of week 16). Oh and the cores merely follow first in first out where possible so earlier batches in the day are not necessarily better before you think that too!

Thanx for the enlightenment ocdetective.......good to know.

Overclocker550 said:
your probably right about the last 4. amd speed bins their cpus and they know the closer to the center, the better silcon. This is why you generally expect the lower 3000+ ones to have a high number like my 1050. Your 4000+ has a pretty low number. fx55s would probably be below 100

I found a guy in another forum with 0074!

http://webpages.charter.net/robert4177/cpu2

Edit: found a 0036 too.

i got mine from newegg...

ADA3500DAA4BP
CBBLE 0512DPAW
121702C50054

seems the cbble stepping doesnt overclock very well (2.5ghz). im rma'ing it for a lbble from monarch and hope to get 2.8ghz on air..

Last edited:
Back