• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Noooo I AM AN IDIOT! SHOOT ME NOW NOW NOW NOW!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Elif Tymes

I killed my C1 Xeons... DANG IT ALL.....

Heres the story: I took out my 6800 video card, in the process I accidentally unplugged my fan cable to cool my two crap HSFs....

AFTER THIS, I boot my system up, and it runs fine. I'm not monitoring the temps, because I'm lazy. I guess they got up pretty dang high....

Then, BOOM shut down.

Now, on boot I get "CPU didn't pass CPU test" Or some such message from the lady in the motherboard.

SOmeone, just shoot me. My 6600GT just died today too.

You've tried clearly the CMOS right?

Sometimes when you take the power plug out overnight along with the battery out and leaving the Clear CMOS jumper in the clear position might fix the problem.

Ok, Cleared the CMOS, nothing...

SCREAMED like a lunatic, nothing...

Switched the jumper back to 100Mhz... it boots... Good God, thank you. THANK YOU...

BUT, the question is, is my OC dead? If so, I'm gonna sell the stupid Dually off, and start saving up for a Powerbook.

O man that sucks but it does sound like your chips are ok
you may want to pull them out to see if there are any burn marks or any thing like that. not to sure if you OC is dead but the only way to find out is ot try again :p

My experiences have been when cpus come back from the dead, they're OCable again. But its only happened once to me.

Good luck!!

Elif Tymes said:
I killed my C1 Xeons... DANG IT ALL.....

Atleast they were not D1s.

Anyways, I haven't seen a P4/XEON fail from heat. They all have thermal protect, unless you disabled it.

Hope they are still working, it would probably be best just to start from the beginning, go through the whole overclocking routine again...

But hey, if theyre broke, it gives you an excuse to hunt down a pair of D1 LV's and cruise right on up to 3+ghz :-]

I'm sure you can find a seller somewhere.. check the 2cpu.com forum for sale boards. Chances are you can find a pair there.. I don't have access to the classifieds here, but they may turn up there as well :-]

Good luck :-]

yea, theres some D1s here, and I'm sorely tempted to buy some, but if they are good, I'll just keep it as it is...

But, man I almost crapped myself.

I agree with Fishy I wouldn't worry about them being dead, and to go further there's no reason they shouldn't OC just as well as they did before. Good Luck and stick with it!

I know this is completely unrelated.

My rank says 'Registered'. Other people have 'Member' or something custom.

How do I go from 'Registered' to 'Member'.

Thanks!!

lol, glad to hear they are alive. crapping your pants over an accident with your computer is always fun :D. I had one last night I accidentally selected the wrong ati cleaning filter, the ati IGP in driver cleaner and it deleted all my RAID files right in front of me. I was like AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!, If ended up booting into BartPE, and found the files that got deleted from a disk I had.

Back