• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Modded MCP350 Results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Can you give me a link to an online vendor that has the fitting that you used for this mod? I want to do the same mod but I can't seem to find an online vendor that ships to Canada that has that same fitting/barb. Also preferable they would also be able to ship 3/8" and 1/2" tubing of clearflex 60

i did the mod used a 3/8id inlet since i have no 1/2" tubing and with just having 1bix i didnt see much but the temps in my house were jumping way too much with spring into summer

You can still use all 1/2" tubing, just cut a piece of 3/8" by 1/2" tubing to fit over the outlet and slide your 1/2" tubing over that and clamp it. I have all 12/" tubing in my rig after doing this mod. I have some pictures of the old and new case in this thread.

Hello,
Congrats on the awesome mod.
I'm interested into getting this pump and mod it so having the best worlds of both quietness and good performance is possible; where I'm currently debating between this MCP350 or the MCP655 (aka. D5)

Would you kindly do some intensive stress (ex. folding@home at 100%) on the CPU to test the load temperature?
I'm very interested at the difference at load temperature because to me, this is what might affect overclocking results. :p

the temp drop isn't going to be enough for a better OC, a couple of C drop could be expected

the only way youll see 2 C is if flow rate is the weak point in your system, most of us would not see 2C by adding another pump.

every system is different and this mod only helps a few, i did it and it fits my rig better but very little in temp help.

Back