• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PIII 450 possible overclock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Grande Juan

Compaq Pressario 5716 PIII 450 pre august 98. Can it be overclocked, it does have jumper pins and I have found the correct settings multiplier now at 5x still running at 450, If I could only get into the BIOS any help?

I somehow already knew that, Thanks anyway still gonna try if I could only get into the BIOS would'nt this be a start?

I have a Presario 4880 (P// 400MMX), I just upgraded my BIOS on it this past weekend. I got the "Presario Enhancment CD 1&2", got em from the Compaq website for free, now I think they are 10 bones. Well worth it, I am able to go into some weird screen by hitting "F10". I know I updated my BIOS to version from May of 99, the previous one was from Mar 97, so it's good. Hope that helps a bit.

Actually it does I have two copies of them I think, Version 01.01.15-01 and 01.01.15-02? I've had them laying around for awhile, got them for a modem issue but bought a new modem before they arrived. Are these the sameones your talking about. I guess I'll try em anywho what could it hurt?

I should say "welcome to the forum amigo". Okay, I have version 01.15.01-01 rev2, and 01.01.15-02. Its on there bro, I updated my BIOS, I got them for a modem issue also, and all sorts of good stuff is there. Did you have the 56K-Flex modem, if you did I just installed drivers from the Presario 5410 on mine (4880), and it's working as good as this P////, that im on now.
I thought that the Pentium 450MHZ was the last of the P//?

If your able to tweek BIOS let us know. :eek:

AH good one, Windows seems to think its a PII also. However under carefull examination the cpu reads as follows. PIII 450/512 100/2.0V S1 99170890-0338 Malay 98 SL 364. Also since its a Compaq I can't see them lying about something like that, It says PIII on the case too, and I know its the stock mobo,cpu,and case. Thanks for the info I'm on it now.

I've downloaded Sandra before from a couple of different sites, but I can't unzip it aol can't support it. Do I put it on floppy then unzip or what?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

hey Grande if you already downloaded it make sure you have a copy of WinZip, and unzip it. Then run the "set up", and it should install fine. Have you flashed the latest BIOS for your Compaq? I suggest you do that before running Sandra, for it didn't work when for me until after I updated BIOS. Also you will be needing Win 98 or newer to access all of the features of Sandra.

PM if you need anymore info.

Back