• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel 840 Extreme Edition 3.2GHz dual-core, only $1200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
HOLY CRAP!
$1200 American!
Thats like... i dont know... $1800 Canadian!!!
like sucka said... someone with more sense then money will have to get it now.. instead of waiting for a few months for the bugs to get unkinked, and the price to go down... :rolleyes:

jeeez...the words 'more money than sense' spring to mind. For that price buy a proper dual cpu rig...

Yeah thats nuts, like 1800 Aus$ as well,

but remeber this chip isnt just dual core, it is their special hyper threaded dual core chip, so you have 4 cpu's (virtually anyway). It may turn out this chip is a true computing overlord.

Or it could be crap and overheat like most other 90nm intels

let us begin the quest to find someone silly enough to buy it then ask him 400 Questions per day

:argue: :argue:

Phrenetical said:
Yeah thats nuts, like 1800 Aus$ as well,

but remeber this chip isnt just dual core, it is their special hyper threaded dual core chip, so you have 4 cpu's (virtually anyway). It may turn out this chip is a true computing overlord.

Or it could be crap and overheat like most other 90nm intels

let us begin the quest to find someone silly enough to buy it then ask him 400 Questions per day

:argue: :argue:

I think some of the dual core opterons are available for like $2500.

Its an EE, what do you expect.

Most EEs sell for $1000+ I think $1200 is a deal considering.

If you plan on overclocking another $700 for a prometia. According to BERKUT over at XS linky this thing was maxing out his prometia. 45°c CPU temp on his prommy that should keep it at about 0°c or better.

Well, whoever wants close to the best is prob going to buy it sooner or later ... Then they are going to come into this thread and say " WOOT JUST GOT ME THE MOST XTREME CPU EVER LoL!L!L!L!" Then the thread will go silent ... .

Back