• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Experience with Razer mice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GunnerMan

Well, I was lookin here at the Razer Diamond Back Plasma L.E here and it looks really sick and has some crazy specs. Bad part is its about 50 $$$. I have had my M$ InteliMouse Optical for like uhh what 4 years now, and it works well still and have gotten attached to it but I kinda decided its time to get a new one because that mouse is the center of attention at LAN partys as the most "ghetto" POS they have seen. Ok well I don't like my stuff called ghetto etc even though it is, so I went home lookin for mice. So I find this Razer, ahh perfect crazy performance and I am diggin the "plasma," would match my glowy keyboard well. I want the mouse but cant justify spending 50 for it so anyone had any experience with this series and is it really worth the 50 dollars? :cool:

Ok, well I should be getting some spending cash here in a few days.....so now to find it in stock, I guess ill bit the bullet if its really good.

GunnerMan said:
Ok, well I should be getting some spending cash here in a few days.....so now to find it in stock, I guess ill bit the bullet if its really good.

The Plasma Limited Edition is no different than the other Diamondback mice, save a few aesthetic features. If you do want that particular blue mouse, however, you'll need to pre-order and wait in line :)

deception``

yeah, you can only pre-order the plasma edition.

i wouldnt say there are no differences, there is a chance it uses a new version of the optical sensor that fixes a slight glitch (a pixel skip when you change directions). it also uses an IR LED, which could be either good or bad.

zip22 said:
yeah, you can only pre-order the plasma edition.

i wouldnt say there are no differences, there is a chance it uses a new version of the optical sensor that fixes a slight glitch (a pixel skip when you change directions). it also uses an IR LED, which could be either good or bad.

They're identical :)

Razerzone.com said:
While the Razer Diamondback Plasma – Limited Edition is technically the same as its predecessors the Razer Diamondback Salamander and Chameleon Editions, the Razer Diamondback Plasma is a limited edition run to commemorate the first six months of the revolutionary Razer Diamondback line and the close to quarter of a million sold worldwide since its inception.

deception``

the optical sensor change is very slight, and wouldnt really be worth mentioning. its essentially an identical chip spec wise, and the only performance difference is the pixel skip. it is also an IR instead of a normal LED, which is a difference in my book

Well the blue would match here and I like blue but if I need to wait in line forever it might be the red.... are they not making many or whats happening with them?

razerzone.com said:
Only limited quantities of the Razer Diamondback will be available for shipping from May 2005 so get yours now!

i dont think it would be waiting in line, just waiting for them to mail them.

Back