• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

one of my many idea's....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dissolved

anyone know where i could get a key'd switch? meaning its a lock, but when you put ur key it, and turn it, it would turn on ur pc? i wanna do somethng like this.. i dont need protection.. but i just think its cool, and would add to my other 2 locks on my natec case :)

This has been done many many many times... still very kewl... From what Ive seen and all, basiclly all you have to do is buy the key switch from the store... Put it where your regular momentary switch would be (ie the switch to turn the puter on) and boyea... there yea go... To my knowledge thats all there is to it, but Ive never done it... yet... :p

Just thought I would share another sites opinion on this... I looked for some time on nearly every site I have and this is all I could find... Although I know Ive seen the actual walk through out there... but here it is...

Ignition switch?

You might try using an ignition switch from a car (just go to an auto parts store). I'm not sure how it'd be wired or if you'd have to do any filtering on the signals (car electrical systems are often really nasty), but it should work.

Autozone has them for about 10 bucks. Over in their little electrical section with the cable ties and fuses and stuff. Not a clue how you wire them up cause I'm electrically challenged.

No, no, no.

-=HN=- Wild9 said:
so would this computer be fuel injected or would you have to pump the gas pedal a few times when its cold to get it to start ? :D

No, no, no. You have it all wrong. It wouldn't be fuel injected, and you wouldn't have to push the gas pedal. In the spirit of Overclockers everywhere, you would design a little device that would attach to the paralell port of another computer and push the gas pedal for you. :)

How about hooking up an Overclock pedal- the farther down you push the faster the mhz?

Or for the motorcyclists, a twist grip throttle.

lol...i have a key for my fan controller box

i like revvin it a little bit when i start up :)

and yeah...that'd be sweet if u could hook up a gas pedal and mod it with a rheostat....and a "cruise control" to keep it at 50%

oooh....you got me thinking about it!!!!

Well you good hook the pedal up to your fans...maybe one of you loud Deltas. Have it run at 7v and then when you push the pedal in you kick it up to slowly to 12v.

ROFL oh man that was a good laugh, but those are good ideas,
hmmmm gas pedal , push it down for more mhz, man that is just a great idea, hmmm now how to mod a gas pedal from a car to my desk.....

rogerdugans said:
How about hooking up an Overclock pedal- the farther down you push the faster the mhz?

Or for the motorcyclists, a twist grip throttle.

Holy cool idea. You could wire it to your scroll wheel on your mouse! There has got to be a way to port SoftFSB to your logitech, I know there is....

Back