• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, I still have the board on my desk and the more I look it over, the more ****ed off I get. Asus, has yet to respond to me so, I sent them another letter. Here's part of it:

"Hi,

I am hoping that you can help me. I have sent several emails to Asus w/out a reply back. I purchased a P5WD2 Premium motherboard and discovered that it did not include the Wifi-TV Card that is listed as the major component of Asus's new Ai Life Series motherboards. I would expect that a motherboard branded the Premium name would include premium features. Since sending my emails, Asus has updated it's website to now show on the first page of the P5WD2 Premium that the Wifi-TV Card is now optional and lists two different SKUs(P5WD2 Premium and P5WD2 Premium Wifi-TV Edition). Looking at the Distributors SKU list on your website, speaking to individuals in Customer Service, Pre-Sales, RMA and Technical Support, I've been told that there is only one version. I find that Asus has mislead me and many of it's loyal customers.

I have an Asus P5AD2-e Premium motherboard. I have found that the P5WD2 Premium has a downgraded feature set compared to the P5AD2-e Premium.

1. Aluminum Mosfet Heatsink compared to the P5AD2-e Premium's copper
2. IEEE 1394b is not included where the P5AD2-e Premium does
3. 5 SATA II ports compared to Eight on the P5AD2-e Premium
4. No IDE RAID controller(even though some of the P5WD2's documentation mentions that it does, page 5-18 in user manual) compared to the P5AD2 that does
5. No onboard Wifi compared to the P5AD2 that does"

Thanks for the heads up, sentential. I haven't bought asus yet, but I will be building a new system soon, and I was considering them. Now I am not sure, but I will definately be watching them closely after this...to see if it is a recurring thing.

Update - I have emailed numerous folks numerous times at Asus with my issues and for someone to contact me with not a single reply. Funny thing is that I've spotted problems with the listing of the P5WD2 Premium on their North America website and the next day they are fixed.

I gave them til end of business friday to contact me or I'd file a complaint with the FTC and BBB of CA on monday. I shall proceed with the complaints on monday. What crappy customer service!

Update - I got a call around 9pm EST. I wasn't able to answer the phone and they didn't leave a message but I did a reverse look-up of the caller's number and it was coming from Asus US Corporate in CA. I'll make sure to pick it up next time and hear what they have to say.

ASUS SUCKSSSSS PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!Their website sucks, can't download crap...what more can we say???

After another email, I got another call from Asus. I spoke to one of their marketing folks who wanted to explain the situation, listen to my feedback and come to a resolution. To make a long-story short, they will rma my current motherboard for the Wifi-TV Edition for a small charge (difference in price between versions w/ discount, etc.).

I'm currently having problems with my just-bought A8V Deluxe mobo and am thinking of getting a DFI board instead. This damn board won't even turn the fans on whatsover. What kind of crap is this? geez. Screw Asus.

sup3rcarrx8 said:
I'm currently having problems with my just-bought A8V Deluxe mobo and am thinking of getting a DFI board instead. This damn board won't even turn the fans on whatsover. What kind of crap is this? geez. Screw Asus.

One bad board != bad company

Back