• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chieftec full server tower and stealthed drives?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bboy_Jon

Anyone have a chieftec server full tower (6 bays, psu is positioned vertically) anyone have it and stealthed drives? anyone have pics of the front of their cases?

do the metal tabs from the tooless stuff get covered by the bezel?

Bboy_Jon said:
Anyone have a chieftec server full tower (6 bays, psu is positioned vertically) anyone have it and stealthed drives? anyone have pics of the front of their cases?

do the metal tabs from the tooless stuff get covered by the bezel?

I can't tell you about the Stealthed drives, but yes the 5.25 bracket end tabs are covered completely by the Bezel.

kk hats what i thought, but this is wierd

ok you know how optical drives have a lip around em so you can only push them into the case so far then it stops due to the lip around them?

so when u hook up the tooless brackets, u put it in the case, but then how do u get the bezel part on since it has to cover the tabs on the bracket but the lip of the optical drive is uhh bigger than the bezel?

Hmm, interesting the face of the optical drive should be the same size as one of the drive bay covers on the bezel. The biggest problem I had was setting up the first drive and making sure I had it set at the right depth to be flush with the Bezel. Then I set all the others to match. Perhaps you could take a pic or 2 for me so I can see what you are talking about.

well ya i see what you mean the drives lips are flush and the same size as the bay covers, but ya i thought it would be like my raid max case, in order for my to stealth my drives and set the drives back i had to shave the lip off around the drives, so i could recess it, but i guess u dont need that for the chieftec

thanx

ya im sure u can, but the tooless stuff may be different too so that may be a prob

at least it has front firewire/usb and stuff

but ya u could sand the handle part things down, bondo it and paint it, cuz the cd drive will show right through

Back