• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird Cpu fan.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yxel

Registered
Thank u everyone who is helping me :)

I removed the jumper and the fsb went to 133 automaticilly. So that is not a problem anymore. :)

(Sorry i'm so slow, but i'm a noob ;))

But there is something else. My cpu fan is weird.. it's like it doesn't go at it's normal speed when I turn on my computer, and it stops totally when I'm starting to boot. But it's just for a few seconds. Then it starts again after 2 secs or something and runs in it's normal speed.

But, it's strange..

Anyone have any idee what it could be? Sounds like a lack of electricity.. but I cant understand...

hum....

thats does sound pretty odd.

is this a thermally controlled fan? i remember i had my CPU fan set to be controlled by the mobo. and let me tell you.... when the chip got cool (often), it would shut off, then after 5 seconds, spin up, then cool off, spin down, then after 5 seconds, spin up, etc, etc, etc.

maybe you have some kinda smart fan control set on?

OR, maybe your voltage is **** :)

try unplugging from mobo and plugging straight into power supply.

Looks like a BIOS problem. My Gigabyte had the same problem with one of its first BIOS. The problem went away when i flashed it. Maybe you got something similar.

HMm okej... I'll see what happends...

It has never acted like this before. Thats the strange thing

Hmm.. I connected it to another connector from the power supply.

It runs faster now, then before. And it stopped to be weird...

Why is it like this.. ? To little power to the mobo?.. hmm

Back