• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6800 Ultra 512mb card is here (and with a "free" PSU)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
what a great deal..... now you can buy a Video Card for the cost of a nice computer. I think I'll sell my car and buy two of them. :D

Sentential said:
LOL...for that price it had better include a happy ending

I'd imagine the ending will be just fine. No one stupid enough to buy this card will ever find out what a ripoff it is.

I know I can't belive this you can have an SLI setup for 100 buxs more...and get the 512 also lol...plus 2x the pipes and everything so i thik that they need to pull there head outa there arse and re-think this...i bet they only did it so that they had something to base there new quadro on...

Duke

Dukemurmur said:
I know I can't belive this you can have an SLI setup for 100 buxs more...and get the 512 also lol...plus 2x the pipes
exactly

funny, I don't see a free PSU there, I see a $130ish PSU for a $400, 6800 ultra ($499) + extra 256mb of ram (probably $100ish) = actual worth of the card ($599), sad thing is that is Nvidia's retail price I belive, the moron who set that price should be fired and shot.

after seeing the specs I wouldn't be surprised if it had worse performance in everything compaired to the 256mb version seeing as the lowered the clock speed of the memory as well, 1050 vs 1100 so it's really like +$500 for 1-2 FPS less, what a deal :rolleyes:

Last edited:
That powersupply blows hard on top of it. Maybe if they threw in a PC Power and Cooling 510 SLI PSU and some Cracker Jacks we'd be onto something! :p

^^ I personally prefer gummy bears :santa:

Hey, I don't see the PSU that comes with it? Did I miss the pics? The add spoke of a modular PSU and that's about it. Now, it will be interesting to see if the warranty would cover other components as well :D. What happens if that PSU frys my MoBo?

Since you can revoke any Internet deal within 14 days after you got the hardware, someone should check this card out and post some benchies. Of course that would have to be someone, who has an extra grand which he doesnt need at the moment. :cool: ;)

Streifenkarl said:
Since you can revoke any Internet deal within 14 days after you got the hardware, someone should check this card out and post some benchies. Of course that would have to be someone, who has an extra grand which he doesnt need at the moment. :cool: ;)

Sentential, hear that mate? :D

HA HA HA...i would like to but i just got 5 points on my liesence and a 255 dollar fine...and the thing is i can only get 3 points as i am a Jr operator... i am kinda ****ed...but it was all my fault 64-in a 35...

Duke

i wouldnt trust that psu near my 6600gt! some guy whose like rich as can be will buy 2 of these, go to lans and be like, yea well, i have a gig of video memory alone! and it does ddr1200 speeds! so whats now! and just be a jerk to everyone, he wont even game, just show off his cash.

I got lucky and got two good X-Connect's that dont Dip under low on my A64's.. 3200/3000/Neo2/Neo2/MushkinBH6/Corsair ValueSelect/XFX6600GT/XFX6600GT

:)

Back