• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6800 Ultra 512mb card is here (and with a "free" PSU)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
i wouldnt trust that psu near my 6600gt! some guy whose like rich as can be will buy 2 of these, go to lans and be like, yea well, i have a gig of video memory alone! and it does ddr1200 speeds! so whats now! and just be a jerk to everyone, he wont even game, just show off his cash.

Mate,
I'm with you on that. That PSU doesn't have any specs on it to judge from, best to avoid that. I'd be mad if some generic POS PSU fried my whole rig.

shiltz said:
funny, I don't see a free PSU there, I see a $130ish PSU for a $400, 6800 ultra ($499) + extra 256mb of ram (probably $100ish) = actual worth of the card ($599), sad thing is that is Nvidia's retail price I belive, the moron who set that price should be fired and shot.

after seeing the specs I wouldn't be surprised if it had worse performance in everything compaired to the 256mb version seeing as the lowered the clock speed of the memory as well, 1050 vs 1100 so it's really like +$500 for 1-2 FPS less, what a deal :rolleyes:

thats funny, it reminds me of a comedian, he sad that IBM was having trouble selling their laptops...they are 2G's, "now im no accounting genius" he says "but if you sell 400 at 700 rather than none at 2G's, you may actually do better, who came up with that price anyways, there in the meeting and someoe says
"ell how much should we sell em for?....oh corky, go ahead"
"2 thousand dollars (a midget yelling it out)"
"that seems pretty steep...i dunno..."
"2 thousand dollars, and make the mouse a litle eraser!!!"
"ok, then it settled"

its funnier if ya see it

Back