• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help on what memory to get for my San Diego

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AEsnowboarding

Well I got my new San Diego and it runs great, but the only thing that is holding me back now is my memory. Running my current memory async 5:6. :bang head I have been out of the loop for awhile on what memory is good and what oc's the best. What memory would be good with my motherboard? I can only give it up to 2.85 volts but I really don't want to have to up the voltage too much. I want to be able to hit 285 fsb if I could. I was thinking something around PC4400 but I don't really know. I would like to stay under $260 for 2x512 but if I have to go over that is fine.

Thanks in advance

i am getting a san deigo soon, with most likely G.Skill TCCD PC4400, heard nothing but good things about it. I am pretty sure with 2.8 Volts you can get 285 or maybe more.

Go with the GSKill 4400LE sticks..... they are pretty much hands-down the best TCCD memory on the market. Pretty much any TCCD will be able to get you to 300fsb if you tweak the timings enough.

Back