• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI DFI Lanparty UT NF3 250GB & X850XT PE compatibility issues?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SCORPIONlt1

I just bought and installed an NF3 250GB a couple days ago and it wouldn’t post after much research, emails to ATI, forum searching and testing an old Video card I figured out my 9800XT was my problem with the new Mother board. So I sold it to my buddy (works great on his rig) and bought an X850XT PE. The card seems to work fine but I’m very disappointed in the performance. I play Joint Operations all the time and with my old setup I got 40- 50 FPS, the only difference was the motherboard and video card (Asus K8V SE Deluxe, 9800XT). Now with the new setup ($500 a video card and the same graphics settings) I’m getting 45-55 FPS. On toms hardware.com they had an X800XT PE getting about 80-90 FPS (with a P4 3.2ghz). I also went through the same test they used on JOINT OPS and got 55 fps.
I put the card in last night so there are a few things I’m going to check into. But I figured I’d ask if any one has heard of any compatibility issues with the X850s and the NF3 250GB or if anyone has any ideas of what might be wrong. Thanks guys :shrug:

I just reformatted when I installed the new motherboard about 3 days ago. And I installed the newest driver from ATI. I did have a little old PCI 8mb video card in for a day when I figured out my 9800 was my initial problem. My buddy suggested I get a driver cleaner remove all video drivers and reinstall the video driver. Does that sound about right or should I do a whole reformat.

Well I tried a driver cleaner and reinstalled the video driver, that didn’t work. Then I reformatted and reinstalled windows and that didn’t make any real difference. So my plan right now is to run some benchmarks and see if it is just that game. If that doesn’t look good I’ll try the card in my buddies rig.

ok now I'm more confused but feal a little better. for the heck of it i reinstalled the chip set drivers ran aquamark 3 two more times. this time my scores were 67,438 and 64,745 witch is more like what it should be but JOINT OPS was still at 55 FPS. Coud it be my power supply? It's a generic 420w that came with my rig witch was Origonaly Built by Cyber Power PC. the case and power supply are the only original thins left.

Back