• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI equivilant to SLI?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Matarael

Just wondering how ATI's version of nVidia's SLI technology will work. Will it require a connector like the nVidia cards or will they work in tandem in a different way? Oh, and pardon my ignorance, but what is ATI's version of SLI called?

Regards,

ATI's AMR (Ati Multi-Rendering) will require two compatible videocards and a compatible motherboard and drivers.

However, from what i heard, the two videocards don't require to be the same core or speed. (as with Nvidia).

Are ati cards bought now going to be sli compatable?

I was thinking about getting a x800xl now for socket 939 single core and then getting socket m1 dual core sli next year if possible.

{PMS}fishy said:
We will at some point. It just wont be soon, and probally wont be as good as what Nvidia put out.

You do know like me and no one else that intel first announced dual ccore, but then AMD came in and they made it a rush job, so now that AMD has the better design. (omg..did i just say somthing in favour of AMD :eek: )

I can se the same happening with ATI and Nvidia in about half a year. ATI wil have their version of 'two vga in one', Nvidia will be scared and put their new chips in a rush job.

{PMS}fishy said:
We will at some point. It just wont be soon, and probally wont be as good as what Nvidia put out.

We will at Cebit, and Fudo is rumored to match SLI all by itself. Put Fudo in AMR and you will really see something powerful, something Nvidia will be hard pressed to match.

{PMS}fishy said:

We are talking about the same company that has been the leader in single slot cards now for a good couple years now, ATI.

What makes you so sure that they would be unable implement their technology into a successfull dual card solution that may equal or better Nvidia's offerings considering their recent track record?

Almondo said:
We are talking about the same company that has been the leader in single slot cards now for a good couple years now, ATI.

What makes you so sure that they would be unable implement their technology into a successfull dual card solution that may equal or better Nvidia's offerings considering their recent track record?

Last I checked the 6800s were spanking the ATI counter parts.

Granted the 9500/9700/9800 killed all of the FX cards, ATI really got it stuck to them when the 6600/6800 cards came out.

{PMS}fishy said:
Last I checked the 6800s were spanking the ATI counter parts.

Granted the 9500/9700/9800 killed all of the FX cards, ATI really got it stuck to them when the 6600/6800 cards came out.

Ok we are talking about how it takes 2 cards to kill ONE!!! ONLY ONE!!!! of the ATI cards.

So what makes you think nvidia is playing fair?

Back