• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A poll with a twist - what has been your HOTTEST STABLE temp?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Read the post, then vote.

• Up to 30C

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 31 to 45C

Votes: 13 3.0%
  • 41 to 50C

Votes: 33 7.6%
  • 51 to 55C

Votes: 52 12.0%
  • 56 to 60C

Votes: 74 17.1%
  • 61 to 65C

Votes: 79 18.3%
  • 66 to 70C

Votes: 59 13.7%
  • 71 to 75C

Votes: 36 8.3%
  • 75 to 80C

Votes: 31 7.2%
  • 81C+

Votes: 54 12.5%

• Total voters

CPU Type:AMD xp2000+ (palomino)
VCore: stock(1.75v?)
Max Temp: Unknown, average 60-65
Cooling: Some crappy coolermaster hsf with a 3500rpm 60mm fan rated upto xp2000
Situation: Mostly games, some 3drendering, photo editing.
CPU dead or alive: Alive (at least when I sold it)

My xp2000(palomino) was at 60-65 during summertime in a case without extra fans. Hot but stable. When I removed the hsf to sell the cpu I could almost read the stepping code on the hsf... :D

Last edited:
i actually got my 2500+ barton to get to 600fsb ddr... that was a crazy couple of days... it actually stayed stable for 3 days!!!

highest temp was about 75 durring the day and 65-70 durring the night
(AIR COOLED)

Sjaak said:
'bout 57 degrees celcius for a 2.0A @ 3.6Ghz, 24hr prime stabile.

That's with 1.95vcore (vid pin mod), the zalman copper flower and two 92mm fans pushing icy-cold ambient air over it. (well..about 15 degrees)

Palomino 1800+ @ stock 1533MHz
vcore: stock 1.75v
temp: around 85-90*C (and that wasn't P95 / FAH)
cooling: some crappy titan aka evercool
situation: summer, fresh comp from shop. I wasn't experienced in cooling these days but I knew one thing - case was crappy and there wasn't even a single case fan.
CPU after that: alive, managed to clock it later to around 1860MHz. I gave it to my bro and it's still running. So I tink that there was no or no serious damage.

• CPU Type: AMD AthlonXP 1700+@2100+
  • VCore: 1.6v
  • Max Temp: 62C
  • Cooling: Cheap Speeze cooler, couple case fans
  • Situation: Small case, warm room, crap airflow
  • CPU dead or alive: Alive and kicking!

* CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 3.2E @3.7ghz

* VCore: 1.33v

* Max Temp: 64C

* Cooling: 6 fans, stock intel

* Situation: Big ... thing,

* CPU dead or alive: Alive

I responded to the Poll, My hottest temp is now, of which is 32c with Speedfan reborting that, tho bios says 19 with my Dual 2.4 Xeons.

* CPU Type: Intel P4 3.2e

* VCore: 1.55v

* Max Temp: 55C

* Cooling: SP-94 w/ 92mm Tornado

* Situation: 18C Ambi, Full Tower Case with 9 Case Fans

* CPU dead or alive: Still running strong.

CPU Type: PowerPC 750 (G3)
VCore: Unknown, but stock.
Max Temp: 102C
Cooling: Stock heatsink - see below
Situation: This was with normal use in Mac OS 9.
CPU dead or alive: Still working fine, still running around that temperature.

This is a PowerJolt G3 upgrade card for my UMAX SuperMac C600. The included heatsink is a 2" diameter anodized aluminum sink with sparse Swiftech-style pins. It attaches to the processor by screwing into a tiny plastic bracket (which I broke by overtightening, so now it's held on by rubber bands). Originally it had some sort of wax pad as a TIM; I eventually scraped that off the best I could and applied some original Arctic Silver, but the temperature didn't decrease much.

G-MaxTopView.JPG

G-MaxFrontView.JPG

CPU Type: Barton 2500+ mobile
VCore: 1.6V
Max Temp:64°C
Cooling: Thermaltake X-Blower @ 7V (moving maybe 5-10CFM) on a Thermaltake Volcano 11+ sink
Situation: Prime95, Spring. Pump died on watercooling, and couldn't stand having a loud computer.
CPU dead or alive: alive

I think my 1700+ at 2.55ghz or so maxed out at 45C in a warm room - it usually ran less than that. That was using about 1.95-2.00v vCore. Yay watercooling! Of course, with temperature probes nowdays...who really knows?

CPU Type - AMD Athlon XP 2200+ Tbred
VCore - 1.55V (stock)
Max Temp - 90C load / 75C idle
Cooling - Stock HSF
Situation - Small case with serious heat exhaust problems (only PSU fan). Adding a case fan would have probably dropped temps like a rock.
CPU dead or alive - Alive

Pentium 4 2.4c was stable at 64C (small form-factor machine with 1U heatsink and it was summer). Anything above that and it became unstable. I avoided reaching that temperature by cleaning the machine and oiling the fan every 4 months.

cpu: p4 3.0e
completely stable but was running pretty slow at 88+°C
for a day or so when i didnt notice my pump for my water cooling turned off.
but it was all stable with no problems. after i noticed it, i felt the tubes and they were extremely soft....but i never had any problems with the cpu afterwords. so meh.

~Magick_Man~

i686 said:
hi'

tagan 480 ui011
P4c [email protected] running stable @ 32 idle and 56 full load.
v.core original @ 1.525
termaltake pipe101/fan80mm
case alu 54x20x45 ext fan 80mm
cpu well alive ;)

i686

:welcome: to the forums :D

Bienvenue aux forum ! Malheureusement je ne parle pas français, j'avais l'habitude simplement une page Web pour traduire ceci pour moi. :D

It was 88c when I woke up. The radiator was so I hot I could barely touch it (amazing that the tubing didn't melt) 2.4ghz @ 2.1v and it was priming at the time. The cpu still works fine.

Athlon XP 3000+

1.66 volts

Max ever temp 83 degrees

Thermal Take Pipe 101 With silent Cat
I had just reseated the heatsink and forgot to replug in the fan, i was playing Battlefield for an hour or so and then i quit. Then i looked down to admire my colourful fan (quite pathetic really) and saw my cpu fan not spinning. I quickly looked at Easy Tune 4's Temp monitor and it said 83 degrees (and flashing danger lol)

Dead? = No, i still have it and im still using it (with the fan on of cause)

My fan fell off my cpu heatsink while i was at school. I have no idea how hot it got but it hurt like a mofo when I touched the heatsink. The fan was taped on and still is because i dont have big enough srews.

Back