• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A poll with a twist - what has been your HOTTEST STABLE temp?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Read the post, then vote.

• Up to 30C

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 31 to 45C

Votes: 13 3.0%
  • 41 to 50C

Votes: 33 7.6%
  • 51 to 55C

Votes: 52 12.0%
  • 56 to 60C

Votes: 74 17.1%
  • 61 to 65C

Votes: 79 18.3%
  • 66 to 70C

Votes: 59 13.7%
  • 71 to 75C

Votes: 36 8.3%
  • 75 to 80C

Votes: 31 7.2%
  • 81C+

Votes: 54 12.5%

• Total voters

David

Forums Super Moderator
Ok read then vote.

What temperature has been the hottest you have had a CPU run at for 24 hours+ under load? The system must have been stable for the 24 hours, and running under full load.

Note: OMG MY CPU HIT 80C WEHN I FITTETD TEH HEATSKINK WRONG!!1one does not count.

My personal highest is 62C for an XP1700 Tbred @ XP2100. The other cpu in the system was at about 60C.

Also:
SuperDuperNade said:
People usually see a spike in Temps if AS5 hasn't cured after heatsinks have been reseated.Maybe you should ask everybody to mention this (if their max temps are caused by this) as well.

Another suggestion:
SuperWooperDuperNade said:
Please mention your VCore !!!

And if anybody has killed a chip, please mention that too! This is more valuable than anything else (the information i.e., not your dead CPU) :D

Sample Format:

• CPU Type:
  • VCore:
  • Max Temp:
  • Cooling:
  • Situation: What program were you running, Summer or Winter, re-seated HS?
  • CPU dead or alive:
:D

Last edited:
it 67 right now with WATERCOOLING!! the rad fan is b0rked and super slow. everything is running fine and STILL FOLDIN!!!!

ugg, id say like 58ºc wiht my 2800+ @ 2.36ghz with 1.55v, on my kingwin 80mm fan hsf, it was while folding, and it was rock stable. that rig folded for like weeks straight during that WW4 folding war.

i used to run my athlon xp 2800+ at around 68C load. it has a chipped die so it doesn't make proper contact with the heatsink. the fact that i was using white goop and a speeze heatsink didn't help much either.

My p4 has run for about 65-68 load for about 1 year... Works great and is 100% within Intel thermal spec...

I've seen the low to mid 50s, but corrected that problem, now only my 9800XT sees an occasional 51C and my other temps are in the low to mid 40s.
Stock HSFs make great skeet, pull!

Pally XP2000 + Summer + 30C room + stock heatsink = 71°C for ages

Folding of course :D

... and then Asus COP kicked in, so I turned it off.

I've run my XP-M at 2.4GHz and seen it fold stably at 70C+. I think that's impressive.

Trolling is bad.

*EDIT* Total specs:

XP-M 2500+
2400MHz
1.65V
200MHz
Thermalright SK6+ with Panaflo 80L, the heat of summer. :D
Temp found on diode through running Folding.

Last edited:

• CPU Type:
  • A64 NC 3500
  • VCore:1.675 V
  • Max Temp:56 C
  • Cooling:SLK948U+Tornado
  • Situation: Reseated HS, AS-5 yet to cure fully. Running P95 CPU test.
  • CPU dead or alive:Alive
:)

Last edited:
before i turned on the ac for the summer i was running 51C load on a hot day, never pushed it higher then that. i'm sure it would be stable at a higher temp but i'm not oced at the moment :cry:

CPU Type: AMD AthlonXP Palimino 1800+
VCore: 1.7v
Max Temp: 77C
Cooling: Stock
Situation: Small case, poor airflow
CPU dead or alive: Alive

Last edited:
i guess i did hit 80c once, then i realize my cpu fan wasn't running. and that was with my old 2000+, don't know why it died on me

This thread is now troll-free, and is to remain that way. If anybody else decides it's cool to troll this thread will earn a one-way ticket on the 'kicked out of the forum' express.

You don't need a ticket, if you break the rules.

Back