• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Xbox is water cooled - it must fold

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wedo

Senior Kitty Power!
The new Xbox is going to have three, 3.2Ghz IBM cpu's that are watercooled. So we have a trillion calcs per second on a gaming console with email/mp3 and other home media capabilities.

Someone, somewhere, must figure out how to make it fold.

Linky.

dude... if it can be made to fold, i'll skip the next nintendo machine and get the new XBOX..... then get the new nintendo machine just for mario, Legend of Zelda, Mario Kart, and Smash Brothers.

Thespis377 said:
If you can get Linux on it, it should fold. It would definately be cool to get the folding.

If you were to search "xbox and folding" in this forum, you'd find a few dozen threads where people have brought this up. Hasn't worked yet, but the new box has 3 figgin' cpu's!!!

Hmmm, if it's able to be hacked like the previous XBOX was...then we're looking at a great cheap folder.

Basically, all we need to figure out is how to get a F@H client running on it, then we're set.

Ok, before 9mm yells at me. It's not physically 3 cpu's. It's a triple core cpu with a hyper-threading function so you have essentially six core's running.

Hmmm.... a six core Xbox only One-Click. If someone can figure out the hack, FAH will benefit greatly.

Thank you for learning :)

Now, if we can get MS to install f@h on all the systems, and remove the powerbutton, it would be pretty sweet. :)

what will ps3 be able to do then !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it will have probably like 12ghz or something. Especially with that cell processor. Also you know it would be tight if consoles began implementing overclocking. Occording to some other site it will have a 40gig removable hdd as well and the graphics are simply amazing.

They will own at folding then because the systems won't be too expensive or no one will buy them. I'm guessing approx. $750.00 but probably 500 by christmas cheaper tech

Does anyone know whether or not you can fold on a power PC system. Becuase thats the Xbox2 is based on. It also potentially limits your linux to something like yellow dog.

speed bump said:
Does anyone know whether or not you can fold on a power PC system. Becuase thats the Xbox2 is based on. It also potentially limits your linux to something like yellow dog.

You can run F@H on PPC, as long as you're using MacOS X. The Linux client is only for x86 systems.

Yup, PowerPC's are used for the apple group. I read some article discussing how Apple has a MacOS that will run on PC hardware just as Microsoft has a Windows version that will run on Macs (which are, as mentioned, powered by PowerPC).

Bunch of inbred freaks, but they're sneaky inbred freaks... reminds me of home.

all i can say is that if it's doable M$ will be paying for alot of folding boxes because it would definately be the cheapest way to setup a farm provided it can fold good.

I say they will pay alot because as we all know console producers pay more to make systems than they sell them for with hopes of making their money in games, but if everybody is buying them to fold they won't exactly be buying the games now will they...i guess billy can afford it

Back