• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Xbox 360 will be water cooled!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wedo

Senior Kitty Power!
EDIT: Usuless thread, there's others I didn't see... such a n00b. :D

Last edited:
If it's true then it is the opposite of a good idea... Part of the appeal (at least to me) of consoles is taking it with you on road trips or on a vacation. If it's water-cooled you will have to be very gentle with it, and if it does leak it could screw up all your data. I don't understand why consoles feel the need to become top of the line PCs when the generation before everyone was content with being a low-line celeron machine...

9mmCensor said:

Ok, ok, ok.... so I'm a week behind. That's better than my usuall two or three months. :D

Whether you're a PC/Console fan-boy or have a love/hate relationship with M$, you have to admit that this whole 3 cpu and water-cooling setup is going to make for an interesting bit of dueling for our retail dollars.

They just better make it backwards compatible and not follow the ****-poor example of Ninetendo.

Wedo said:
Ok, ok, ok.... so I'm a week behind. That's better than my usuall two or three months. :D

Whether you're a PC/Console fan-boy or have a love/hate relationship with M$, you have to admit that this whole 3 cpu and water-cooling setup is going to make for an interesting bit of dueling for our retail dollars.

They just better make it backwards compatible and not follow the ****-poor example of Ninetendo.
actually the new Nintendo was just annouced to be backwards compatible with the GameCube.

9mmCensor said:
actually the new Nintendo was just annouced to be backwards compatible with the GameCube.

Yeah, I read that too. However, what about the three previous game consoles that they left behind? I haven't used/played/looked at a Nine box for four/five years.

Consumers are getting weary of the full replacement theory of electronics. The legendary example is music: 45's to LP's to 8-tracks, to casettes, to CD. Add video with VHS and laser-disc (on a much smaller scale but note-worthy none-the-less), to DVD and now they're going to push Blue-Ray and HD-DVD down on us with the winner still yet to be determined.

Upgrading media seems to be finally getting old for the consumer market. Have to see how M$ handles this since I would think that people would be much less likely to replace "Halo 2" with a version for Xbox 360 than to just wait for "Halo 360."

ummm before ps2, no consoles were backwords combatable... except for NINTENDO's handhelds of course

l3ored said:
ummm before ps2, no consoles were backwords combatable... except for NINTENDO's handhelds of course

Really????

C'mon man, that's the comparo I was making. PS2 set the stage for backwards compatibility and Nine failed to follow.

9mmCensor said:

Finally, Nintendo is doing something right. It's taken a lot of years, but they're finally doing something right. Their next-gen console will have a good opening lineup of GC games to keep people busy until they manage to release some new ones that are designed for the Nintendo Revolution.

The Sony and Nine boxes are not out until Spring. Xbox will get a good jump on them, should be fun to watch the battle.

Oh, here's a short write up on the new Sony and Nine box releases:

Linky.

Oni said:
Finally, Nintendo is doing something right. It's taken a lot of years, but they're finally doing something right. Their next-gen console will have a good opening lineup of GC games to keep people busy until they manage to release some new ones that are designed for the Nintendo Revolution.
Not only that but the Rev. disks are 12cm. Which means it might play CDs and DVDs. Something that hurt the GC. :cool:

water cooled eh, and maybe microsoft will open-source all their operating systems too!!! come on guys, water cooling, what if it gets dropped while in shipping, and a hose breaks loose, or after lots of use (abuse) the lines dryrot?? i highly doubt that it'll be liquid cooled, even if it was, i still wouldn't buy it. M$ $uxx0rz imho

Jarod said:
water cooled eh, and maybe microsoft will open-source all their operating systems too!!! come on guys, water cooling, what if it gets dropped while in shipping, and a hose breaks loose, or after lots of use (abuse) the lines dryrot?? i highly doubt that it'll be liquid cooled, even if it was, i still wouldn't buy it. M$ $uxx0rz imho
it is water cooled... they (M$) even said so

it is in the fact that there is probably distilled water or something in the heatpipes of the AIR-COOLED heatsink. It looks pretty nice, I don't know about those 3 cpus the powerpc name has been around, but it is going to have monster graphics.

there are no tubes or pumps or resevoirs or radiators or anything cool like that! watch the video in threads elsewhere and you can clearly see the fans on the heatsinks.

okay here we go:

Last edited:
what i don't get is why with 3 cpu's and hardcore gfx... why throw in 512 ram?

Oni said:

I hope you get to say that again when Zelda comes out. Its not far away and looking pretty sharp!

Back