• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FSB question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheMainFrame

I go into bios and set my FSB to lets say 250..

When i restart it shows it at 251 at startup

No matter what i set it at its always 1 higher on startup

Is that normal? is it 251 or is it 250?

on my 8KNXP, the clock gen isnt always on the dot about the clock, same goes for almost every motherboard. if you open up cpu-z, look at the fsb, it will say something like 250.X, if that x is higher then 5, then the bios will round it off to the next number, in your case, 251, but the clock is still 250.X . its just the bios rounding it off. if it gets unstable at 250, go down to 249, becuase it might be clocked at 249.8 and you will still get a close enough clock rate. :p hope that helps.

Im running 230FSB with my NF7-s, and on post it always says memory frequency is 458Mhz. But then I check it from CPU-z and it says 230.5 :shrug:

Hamm3r said:
Im running 230FSB with my NF7-s, and on post it always says memory frequency is 458Mhz. But then I check it from CPU-z and it says 230.5 :shrug:

.... Memory is DDR (Double Data Rate). 230 x 2 = 460 mhz ~ 458 mhz...... so is the fsb for amd boards, 200x2=400mhz. for intel its quad, 200x4=800.

:welcome: to the world of overclocking. :p

Back