• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help quick! Dog chewed through cord on moniter

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EWBatOVAclockin

Well my aint has a really nice moniter but one thing is that the video cord(the one with the blue connector at the end) has be chewed through. Now I was thinking of just splicing the wires back together and vwell LA. Does any body have any advice or guide to doing this?? I really would like to get this moniter up and running again. Thanks in advance:):)

PEACE

The cord is the video cord not the power cord. I went over there and checked it out but it seems like there are just too many small wires that are running through it, to splice them. Still any advice would be appreciated.

PEACE

A normal Video Cable consists of 15 wires, if you are careful and take a section of it apart you should be able to solder them pretty easily. Use tape to prevent shortouts etc...

Worth a try i'd say. Soldering is fun :D

Hehe. This happened to us once, we called some computer company and they opened up the monitor and added a new cable, I think it was like $50, no big whoop.

Another thing I really like about the LCDs are that the cable is VGA connector on both ends and very easy to replace. ;)

Ahh so this would be easy too for a crt monitor?? I guess I can call the comp. shop that my mom work's at to see how much they would charge:) Thanks guys for the input.

PEACE

LOL! I wonder if your dog got shocked when it gnewed this cord? I hope it's alright - I hate that when it come to dogs.

I had a sign on my fridge saying, "Dogs think they're human beings, Cats think they're GOD". That how I see at cats that way - they're too darn crafty and will sit wherever they think is warm enough!

Enablingwolf said:
Cats will sit inside of a computer. As well eat any part they can.

So will small dogs, and they slobber more too.

Go with the soldering, but instead of electrical tape you can use heatshrink tubing, because w/ 15 wires and tape, the cord will get uber thick, very quickly. The only thing you have to really be careful aboot is matching up the colors.

Sjaak, yeah soldering is fun :p

LiquidMetaL said:
stupid dogs, never learn
get a KITTTTY
dont be too sure of your cord's safety around a (my) Cat...

it has chewed through 2x play station joystick cords, 2 mouse cords, 1 keyboard cord, 1 PC speaker cord, 2 shoelaces, and 3 sweatpants strings...

needless to say, i have to keep the cat out of my computer room (basement) and hide all the TV/VCR/shoes etc etc around the house.

i was able to fix 1 of the mouse cord and 1 speaker cord.

id suggest trying to fix it, assuming you dont kill the VidCard or monitor when you test it, the worst thing would be to have to pay to have it fixed (anyway)

GOOD LUCK

Just find an old monitor, take it apart, cut the cable off and solder the entire new on the circuit board inside the monitor... Just be careful no to touch any of the electronics on the tube, or you’ll be knocked across the room.

Back