• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sen's TT Sonic Tower Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sentential

Contributing Member
I know its kinda too late in this reguard, but I wanted to spread the word. This thing is a beast. Only sink that I can honestally say is a true XP-120 killer. With a ****tier fan than what I am using on mine, this thing outpeforms my Delta SHE with the XP120.

Here are the pix.

<note that i modded the sink to move the fan to the center>

Before:

IMG_2103.jpg

IMG_2108.jpg

If you look closely this sink can be modded to use 3 (120mm) fans if you buy an additional mounting plate from TT. Something worth looking at for the die-hards of air-cooling.

On Idle:
Case = 37C
CPU = 41C

On Load:
Case = 38C
CPU = 46C

________

What impressed me most of all, is that this thing managed to keep my pressie below 65C in BIOS. While this is a big achievement what impressed me more was that I had forgotten to clear CMOS. It was actually @ 4.1ghz with 1.48v :eek:....Very impressive to say the least.

Last edited:
well all i can say is that i'm completely speechless, i didnt figure i would ever see a good review for anything TT sells.....my venus gives me right around 40-45c load depending on what's loading it and what the case temps are, but when it gets hot around here and my case temps read in the 37c area it still holds right about 45c....

darkknight187 said:
i didnt figure i would ever see a good review for anything TT sells

Lol, same..... Maybe TT is actually turning the corner and making products with competitive unique designs.... Then again, a stopped clock is right twice a day. :D

darkknight187 said:
well all i can say is that i'm completely speechless, i didnt figure i would ever see a good review for anything TT sells
Well people said the same when I decided to go Intel. Everything has its merits, even TT :eek:

I was actually thinking of getting one of these before I bit the bullet and went to watercooling. I'm glad it's turned out to be a good performer, it certainly looks impressive. I wonder how long it's going to take before someone tries to mount one of these to there gpu. :eek:

mysterfix said:
I wonder how long it's going to take before someone tries to mount one of these to there gpu. :eek:
Dont tempt the fates cuz that crossed my mind......if I could only get it to fit.

u wouldnt think that would cool as well as ti does , it looks like heat pipes do all the work and therefore it doesnt cool as well as it could at lower tmps with a few more fins near base. but thats a dam nice Load tmp bro...

wd again

fAlCoNNiAn said:
^^^ someone that has alot of time on their hands. :rolleyes:

good review. still sticking to thermalright though, never trusted TT, and doubt i will. :shrug:
Give it a chance you'd be suprised like I was.

that middle fan idea is pretty good, saves room, how much does it weight again? and how close is that getting to the limit of the mobo?

i think thats what limits the heatsinks and air cooling is weight.... i mean i have heard the XP-120 does very well, but doesnt that weight stress the mobo and cause it shorter life?

honhon said:
that middle fan idea is pretty good, saves room, how much does it weight again? and how close is that getting to the limit of the mobo?

i think thats what limits the heatsinks and air cooling is weight.... i mean i have heard the XP-120 does very well, but doesnt that weight stress the mobo and cause it shorter life?
Like Ive said, its light, no heavier than an XP120.

can you run it passive or is the might of the pressy too much for mere convection alone?
i might be interested in one of those to tame my 2.8c
i cant sleep with my computer on unless i jack with speedfan and let the temps on everything go up a bit and have the fans only come on when it gets hot.
but that gets old with the fans coming on every 3-5 minutes eventhough it is only my falman and nb fan that come on.

but who knows if i can find one of those for a decent price i just might pick it up.

~Magick_Man~

Back