• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Disable BUS MASTERING on Abit VP6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I am unable to disclose the PCI card, only that it doesn't currently like AGP cards that use busmastering. It is not a voodoo card but does have something to do with video. I'd keep the Matrox in a heartbeat if the 3d wasn't so awful. I'm a big Matrox 2D fan. Closest i can get is an all-in-wonder RADEON which has decent 2D. I have a 17" flatpanel display and a geforce 2 looks like crap on it because it has to convert the weak analog signal to a digital display and has lots of echoing and shadowing and blurriness problems. The Matrox has crystal clear STRONG 2d signal which my digital flatpanel display just loves ;)

Thanks! I can't believe it would be this difficult to disable bus mastering on this motherboard. Most motherboards let you disable it which leads me to believe it is possible just not in the latest VP6 BIOS.

Thanks and if you come up with anything more let me know!

-edysalt

The only thing I know about bus mastering is that I need it turned off :)

It is the only fix that will work. With win2k, if I tinker with different via drivers I will eventually find a driver with busmastering already turned off. Now I have XP and you can't go back on the via drivers anymore, but it is a known fact that if I disable bus mastering all problems disappear.

Thanks!!!!!!

-edysalt

Back