• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Halo 3: Confirmed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
man_utd said:
Anyone really surprised that they are making Halo 3 after the 2's ending?

Ah well, more money to toss out the window on next gen consoles (damn you Bungie)

Still havent betten Halo 2; my stupid xbox freezes all the time and I cant play more then an hour or two into it. I guess I'll just have to buy another xbox in order to beat it, darn. :p

shard said:
and i was going off of what we have now, and imo farcry is the best of what we have right now
Well that's a really bad underestimate. You should realize that next gen consoles are going to have games with graphics wqay beyond what we have right now, otherwise, what would be the point of making a new console?

Go see the PGR3 and Gears of War trailers to see what I mean. Amazing... :clap:

Prodigious said:
Well that's a really bad underestimate. You should realize that next gen consoles are going to have games with graphics wqay beyond what we have right now, otherwise, what would be the point of making a new console?

Go see the PGR3 and Gears of War trailers to see what I mean. Amazing... :clap:

After watching those trailers, especially PGR3 I was really disapointed because I don't see that next-gen look. The graphics are little more polished (addition of HDR) and when I saw DOA 4 I though that it was for the Xbox cause I don't see what's the difference.

especially pgr3? wtf. Did you see how realistic the cars looked(especially the reflections)? How about Gears of War. Don't even try to tell me gears of war looks current gen, the Unreal 3 Engine is amazing.

Gears of War is to only game that I liked so far for Xbox 360 and its the reason why I will be buying it, but they didn't show any realtime demos using Unreal 3 Engine like Sony did so I don't know what to expect. And as for PGR 3 I'm not sure if you noticed but that is obviously a prerendered demo.

1.) Gears of War is the first game based on the U3 engine, and all the footage they showed was running in realtime. So how is that diff from ps3's tech demo?

2.) The PGR footage most certainly is not prerendered. It was confirmed as being an in engine sequence running on the dev kits. I don't understand where you get "obvious" from. What, just cause it looks really amazing? Have you seen the screenshots? They look just as good as the video.

Prodigious said:
1.) Gears of War is the first game based on the U3 engine, and all the footage they showed was running in realtime. So how is that diff from ps3's tech demo?

2.) The PGR footage most certainly is not prerendered. It was confirmed as being an in engine sequence running on the dev kits. I don't understand where you get "obvious" from. What, just cause it looks really amazing? Have you seen the screenshots? They look just as good as the video.

Don't misunderstand me, I wan't Xbox 360 games to look good cause I will be buying one. My only problem is that there are two or three games that look good and rest of them are crap and it would be nice if they actually had a guy prove to the audience (like they did with PS3) that some of the games were in realtime. As of right now there are too many rumors flying around and I don't know which ones to believe.

P.S. Dude PRG 3 footage was prerendered and they said it last night at E3 Live on G4TV. The one you'r thinking of is the first one they showed, but this last one is definitely prerender.

am i the only one not psyched about halo3?

i liked halo1/2 but ive played MANY better fps

bf1942, hl2, css, dod, cod, ns

i'd much rather have something like GT5 for the next-gen consoles.. something consoles are actually suited for (Racing games :D )

fiji said:

i'd much rather have something like GT5 for the next-gen consoles.. something consoles are actually suited for (Racing games :D )

I'm with you

fiji said:

My thoughts exactly, i'm definately not trying to flamebait with this one but hear me out yes halo is king of the console FPS's but in no way is it anything near king of fps games, theres just too many pc fps games that are either at par with it or better.. I won't say it's a bad game as it's not, but the only big deal about it to me is still that among other things it's still M$'s flagship title and without halo xbox would have been dead in the water....

and when it comes to the releasing thing i'm going to hold those thoughts until we get much closer, nobody knows where they are exactly in this games conception trying to have it out by ps3's release could lead to a game with a rushed sense to it and my thought is that if it gets to that point they are much better off pushing the game back and releasing a more solid title....

its kinda funny, i pretty much suck on the xbox, on halo 1 and 2, but put me on something like COD, and i eat ppl for breakfast everytime

i loved Halo for the story line, and its a great party game, well for me at least, i am too poor to do LAN parties :(

ya I am buying Halo 3 mainly to get the rest of the storyline. I mean ya it might not be king of FPS, but me and my friends find Halo for pc and Halo 2 to be fun online games to play. Also about the whole H3 releasing on the day PS3 is coming out you always have option D which is to buy them both muhahhaaha!

I am not very pleased with Halo 2. I'm not all the way through it ( haven't played in forever) but me and a friend planned to spend the entire night beating it. So we started... and as soon as we had to play as elites we were like "wtf?!?!?".

It made us quit... I hate alien maps and I also hate the aliens.

So we jump on mutliplayer... and wtf? It feels like your bairly moving, like it's a slow game. Either they slowed us down, or made the map HUGE compared to before. Before a game of 6 people would be fun in BG, but now it feels like no one is around and it turns into a snipers game.

I like the feel of Halo 1, but the looks of Halo 2. I hope they bring back the style of play from Halo 1 and all new graphics/etc.

RedDragonXXX said:
Boy did I get excited there for a minute :clap:, but $60 for a game is not cool.

I remember Mario World 2 Yoshi's island selling for 65 bux at Toys r Us back in the day. A 60 dollar game is not that far fetched.

PCGUY112887 said:
I am not very pleased with Halo 2. I'm not all the way through it ( haven't played in forever) but me and a friend planned to spend the entire night beating it. So we started... and as soon as we had to play as elites we were like "wtf?!?!?".

It made us quit... I hate alien maps and I also hate the aliens.

but the aliens had Cloaking shields :clap: which offset all of their stupid looking (IMO) ways.

I liked halo for pc, just got through it again, but for xbox it is no where near the same, the views suck, you can't turn as fastly and as smoothly compared to a mouse, and the res sucks...it is a very good game, but only on the computer.

I will admit when I first played it on xbox I was like 'this is sweet' but after playing it on the computer I can't even go back to the xbox version, it's a damn good thing that I don't own one! :p

@ red and PCGUY: Have you guys ever played Live? THAT is fun. And there is no way you can tell me that 16 people on Beaver Creek (Battle Creek on Halo 1) isn't fast. Juggernaut on Metropolis is also very, very frantic.

Back