• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Halo 3: Confirmed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LoneWolf121188

From IGN:
Microsoft will release Halo 3 for the Xbox 360 simultaneously with the launch of Sony's PlayStation 3 -- expected next spring -- according to a profile of Bill Gates in the latest issue of Time magazine. The article, in an issue whose cover features Gates and the freshly-unveiled Xbox 360 console, features a telling sidebar: "Note to the hardcore faithful: the next version of Halo will not, repeat not, be ready in time for the launch of Xbox 360. It will be part of the all-important second wave next spring."
WOOT!!! :attn: :D :clap: :attn: :D :clap:

i wonder if it will be up to the hype i have already heard

HL2 Physics
Farcry Graphics
UT2k4 speed and vehicles
and guns galore

and we are not even talking about the story yet!

wootalore? Hehehahahahahahahah! :p

When can we buy a Xbox 360? I plan on buying one as soon as they come out. It will be my first console.

Anyone really surprised that they are making Halo 3 after the 2's ending?

Ah well, more money to toss out the window on next gen consoles (damn you Bungie)

i think its more a bad idea then anything, more due to the fact "PS3 or Halo 3?" no doubt on what the average consumer will do, YAY PS3 it PWNZ XBOX !!!!oneoneone!11111

^^ Actually, I think the average consumer will a) know about both consoles, b) know that they will come out on the same day, and c) either have already signed their soul to M$ (with Xbox, that not necessarily a bad thing ;) ) or are waiting for Sony.

Or, d) go with the cheaper option (that being Halo 3).

shard said:
i wonder if it will be up to the hype i have already heard

HL2 Physics
Farcry Graphics
UT2k4 speed and vehicles
and guns galore

and we are not even talking about the story yet!

HL2 Physics would be sweet

Farcry? Try Unreal Engine 3!!!

UT2K4: When you say speed, do you mean how fast paced the game is? If so, I sure hope not! There were awesome parts in Halo 2 that were just sneaking around as Arbie (the Arbiter). Lots more vehicles would be cool though (snow/transport hog? ATV? Pelican?)

One word: FLAMETHROWER!!!

well i was refering to the speed of multiplay, not the single player

and i was going off of what we have now, and imo farcry is the best of what we have right now

i want something like the banshee, but a human version, and maybe some uber fast human vehilce stuff also, like a high speed warthog, or something

I think possibly a week before the PS3 goes on sale would be better.

Do they really want 2 or 3 million people going in to game stores (to pick it up) the same day the PS3 comes out.

Isn't that just sending more potential buyers to the store... BUT wait!

It just occured to me that PS3's will probably be sold out during pre-orders so those unlucky ******** that didn't pre-order and come to the store looking to buy one will likely be tempted by the 360 and Halo 3. Especially, if demand is going to out pace supply for a few months.

I guess it could help or hurt depending on how many PS3 units are available at launch.

ps does anybody else thing it could suck if the PS3 ship date slips to late summer or winter and we can't get Halo 3 till then?

Back