• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Frosty Pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
honhon said:
so, if it cant get too cold, what temps do you run at with one of these ice producing machines>? lol

For my peltier upthread, it is showing about 53°F/12°C on Motherboard Monitor 5 right now, which it pretty much an idle temp. Under heavy load it goes up to about 18°C, but that is a Prime95 torture test. It went to -20°C out of the system. With a phase change system I could get much lower. I'd like to get lower temps with the pelt, but I'm not sure the best way to start experementing.

torin3 said:
Hey, if I can be so rude at to thread hijack, how do you get it to display your attachments in your post? I can upload them and include them, but don't see anything that will let me display them.

if you upload one pic it will be displayed.
if ya upload more than one pic in the one post is will display links to the pics.

If you link to your own personal web storage, you can display as many as you want.

Heres a pic from ages back, back when I first started.
direct die cooler being loaded my a peltier around thins time last year

Attachments

• -33c loaded tec.jpg
    -33c loaded tec.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 17,398
Last edited:
I gotta give you extreme cooling guys major props. It took me atleast 4 years of studying and information compiling, before I started buying my water cooling stuff, I can't even imagin me going phasechange. Well, yes I can, but not in the near future. :p

Keep the awsome pics coming!!!

Slayer2003 said:
I gotta give you extreme cooling guys major props. It took me atleast 4 years of studying and information compiling, before I started buying my water cooling stuff, I can't even imagin me going phasechange.
haha, i jumped from stock to water to retail phase in the course of about 9 months. now, home-made phase is where the props are due.

Aphex_Tom_9 said:
welcome to the cold club EC :)

Thanks AT for the the :welcome:

Here is my pic. Granted not a very good pic but I haven't had time yet to do any better.

-40 C

Frosty.JPG

I am finally going to phase change. :thup:

is it me or in the way that little "welcome" guy is waving, does it look like hes flicking everyone off? lol

cant wait to see it up and running electron, look "cool" already :thup: :)

I would have built one but Chilly1 never got back to my on prices. :shrug: I feel left out now on homemades. I left him 3messages and he didn't ever respond back. GRRR.

jack222 said:
I would have built one but Chilly1 never got back to my on prices. :shrug: I feel left out now on homemades. I left him 3messages and he didn't ever respond back. GRRR.

Price for what? Most of the items that he sells are listed in his thread in the classifieds. I dont know why he wouldnt respond though, although he is a very very busy guy.

don't expect him to dish out help to extreme newbies. he charges a lot for his products and time so he doesn't have to deal with them. he'd rather be building professional cascades then modding mach1's and giving advice and selling taylor made kits. no offense meant. you really should have kept sandman's unit if you wanted to go phase.

Accutaly. I asked for a pricing on a select few of his greta parts. I never got a response. I was giving him buisness. But with the sand machine. It was screwing up. Then i thought about it and i wanted to build my own. then i said screw it. When i get more cash ill do something.

yzf|champ said:
What is the wattage on that tec?

Assuming you were talking to me, it is a 226W 12V run off of a Meanwel 320W power supply.

Maze4-1 waterblock and coldplate with a ViaAqua 1300, and a 2x120 heatercore from DangerDen.

Back