• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Frosty Pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wow, few things are as gutsy as running sub ambient uninsulated. However, I see your block is so cold that it is skipping the condensing and going right to frosting, which I guess is safe. I tried that once, but under load it just started to condense and run onto the mobo so I flipped the switch.

Really squeezing those springs and flexing the mobo for all the're worth aren't you? :D

Messing around

mcw50.JPG

mcw6002.JPG

More work needed on the second one of course.

I have a quick question, as I have never dabbled in that sort of thing. With all the apparent ice and everything, what happens if you suffer some sort of a power outtage, or something of the sort? The ice will melt and water goes everywhere.

Hehe, you're not normally supposed to have any frost around anything volatile...we're just having a little fun in this thread. That's what the point of insulation is.

zzgocartman said:
Whats cheaper
phase change or peltier

whats easier to build
phase change or peltier
not the right thread to ask, really. but phase is more expensive up front, but possibly cheaper in the long run. also safer i believe. phase (retail) is also easier to set up. home-made phase is hardest though.

Thanks, this shot actually looks a lil better.

frost32zq.jpg

No processors were injured during the production of this footage. :D

Back