• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Frosty Pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
torin3 said:
Assuming you were talking to me, it is a 226W 12V run off of a Meanwel 320W power supply.

Maze4-1 waterblock and coldplate with a ViaAqua 1300, and a 2x120 heatercore from DangerDen.

Yeah, i was asking you! :) how long did you have to leave it out and on like that to collect that much frost?

yzf|champ said:
Yeah, i was asking you! :) how long did you have to leave it out and on like that to collect that much frost?

It was on about 10 hours when I took that photo. It got down to about -20°C in about 10-15 minutes before the frost started to insulate the coldplate.

Since I managed to fry my waterblock by not having the fans running when the peliter was on, I figured I'd leave the pelt on while doing the leak testing. Of course this time I wired the fans on the heater core into the power supply the peltier was using.

Oh, while I'm at it, this is what the old top to the waterblock looked like when I took it off. The barbs used to be parallel

Attachments

• melty.jpg
    melty.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 7,621
WA2 said:
cooold.JPG

This just caused the death of my X800XT/PE (693/652 and 7714 in 3DMark05). The condensation from the block dripped out from where the tubing fits onto the block and onto my poor card... I put around $200 just in mods on the damn thing! I am ill.

finally got my new unit! any advice on how much you can bend vapochill hosing? actually i could use general vapo mounting advice like do you need the heating element in the clamshell etc.

Attachments

• frosty.JPG
    frosty.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 7,425
crimedog said:
finally got my new unit! any advice on how much you can bend vapochill hosing? actually i could use general vapo mounting advice like do you need the heating element in the clamshell etc.

Would have been nice to have that 2 days ago.

crimedog said:

Dont bend it to much it wasnt meant to be flexible, mine sticks out like this c| it would be nice to get it like |c but those hose is just to long, man your white foam stuff looks jacked up lol

Back