• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p4p800 OC, timings change

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zamac_man

Registered
When I overclock my 2.4c the timings will change automatically, even though I have them set. Even though I have turbo mode on it will disable. I am using some gskill 2-3-3-6 2x512 ram. How come this change on its on?

You have "configure DRAM timing by SPD" set to "Disabled", right???

I know you will only get to set timings manually by disabling the above, but just thought I'd mention it, since G.Skill often has several timing patterns programed in SPD for various FSB speeds.

Sounds to me like your mobo's detecting these different SPD timings, & changing the memory timings to match them, as you move through higher FSB's while you OC.

Strat

I have that dram or whatever it is disabled. I have set my timings to 2-3-3-6. Even though I do that when I raise the fsb it still changes it.

When I got it up to 250mhz the timings were 2.5-5-5-10 or something like that.

What is the AI mode? Is that the thing where its 10%,20%or 30%? I am not using that.

ps. I got it up to 270=3.30ghz but she locked up. I think it got to hot.

Does yours lock up at 115F?

Last edited:
ojibewa said:
I run mine @ 250fsb 2.5/3/3/7 and they dont change if I clock up,,

what ram you running and are you 1:1 or 5:4??

and no you shouldnt lockup at 115f...

I can't do 1:1 at 250. Let me mess around with it a while.

Also mine has always locked up at 115f. It does not matter if it is OC or not.

what temps does ur stay at? When mine hits 40c I start backing off of whatever I am doing.

edit.

at 250mhz

Frequency 166.7
FSB:DRAM 3:2
2-3-3-6

I had the dram set on auto. I can't do 1:1 though

Cpu-test.bmp

monitor.jpg

Note... CPU voltage is not correct, it's running at 1.55v now...

I'm running 5:4

Load temps get to about 43C..

what cooling are you using??

ojibewa said:
Cpu-test.bmp

monitor.jpg

Note... CPU voltage is not correct, it's running at 1.55v now...

I'm running 5:4

Load temps get to about 43C..

what cooling are you using??

its just stock, except some artic silver 5.

Check WindWithMe's posting on G-Skills in memory, he's got them things smoking.
You have to disable Turbo mode. Manually set the DDR speed to 400. Lock your PCI buss to 33/66 unless you know it will handle the 36/72. Also note the stock NB heatsink is crap for OCing, get the NB-1C cooler if you plan to keep those speeds.

Back