• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrade To Cellery From P3?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rashly

OK, here's my situation, i have a pentium 3 667 with a 133fsb. Im looking to upgrade to a 1.1 ghz cely(wont go to a 1ghz p3 because it costs way too much). now, im wondering if this will make my system much faster, and how much worse the cellery is clock for clock with the p3. also, will the 128 kb l2 cache hurt it much? will the 100mhz fsb hurt it? my video card(voodoo5) is very cpu dependent and it has been known to scale with processor speed. will the lack of instuctions on the cellery hurt games?

also, how well do the 1.1 ghz celly's overclock?

after selling my p3 667 on ebay, i will only end up spending like 15$ more for the celly. so is it worth it?

Last edited:
the 1.1 celly will be like an 850p3.....sorry man, best bet s to get a p3 800 and oc it to a gig....

ill tell ya what, i got a celeron 900 @ 1.2 ghz and it runs pretty damn good actually, in the cpu benchmark prog i use i get pretty good marks with it , way over that of my old cyrix. if you are like me though and cant afford a p3 1 ghz then go with the celeron 1.1 ghz, but pound for pound computing action i would go with a p3.

I'd definately spend the cash on a PIII, instead of a celly. I went from a celeron 400 66Mhz bus to my current 800 with a 100 Mhz bus, and the diference was phenominal. But the PIII's have that extra cache that makes all the difference in the world, in addition to their 133 Mhz bus. Save your pennies, and get a pIII if you need the performance. Get a cel if you want something cheap to OC, and don't mind blowing it up.

Back