• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows thinks I have 2 DVD Drives...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dreIU

But I only have one... take a look @ the picture. I just noticed this a few minutes ago; I have one drive (DVD/CD-RW) and as far as I know, it used to only be displayed as one.

Has anyone seen this before?

qlf.JPG

Do you have anything like Alcohol 120%, Daemon Tools, or any CD emulators installed? That is probably what you are seeing.

dark_15 said:
Do you have anything like Alcohol 120%, Daemon Tools, or any CD emulators installed? That is probably what you are seeing.

Ah! Interesting, I just installed Alcohol 120% a few days ago, that's probabily it. Is there any way to get rid of that extra drive? Or is it the virtual drive needed for the program? thanks.

if you want to open images then you need one virtual drive for alcohol to work, but if you don't you can go to option and select number of virtual drives to 0, you can burn images either way with or without virtual drive.

Back