• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G found a new 05 cheat and now owns the fastest XL on the planet

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
once this has all been settled, and the "tweak" has been nullified, you have to tell us what you did, and how you happened upon this.

its nice to see someone with some decency and respect looking out for all 3dm enthusiats out there (not that i'm one of em :p)

TheGreySpectre said:
yeah, once the issue is resolved and we have a new patch please tell us what you did

If there was to be a new patch out and he did show us how he did it, couldn't the exploit still be used to full extent with a previous patch? You aren't forced to download patches to 3dmark05, are you? It's been a while since i've used 3dmark05 so forgive me if i'm wrong.

no your not i dont bleive but people tend to disregard your score if your using a version with a know flaw. For example when nvidia realeased its 3dmark optimized drivers

strappleberry said:
If there was to be a new patch out and he did show us how he did it, couldn't the exploit still be used to full extent with a previous patch? You aren't forced to download patches to 3dmark05, are you? It's been a while since i've used 3dmark05 so forgive me if i'm wrong.
while you are not forced to download any patches for personal use, to submit scores to the orb, you must use the latest revision of there benchmark.

not a big fan of this benchmark any way. but good to hear that you are telling them about it and not the hole world . kudos to you !!

Yes and no. My contact told me that he had passed it onto the programmers to see what they could do about it. They don't seem all that interested in keeping me informed about it unfortunately. I'll do a run with Cat 5.7 today and see what happens.

If you are trying to get anything done through FM, I wish you luck. You're going to need it. Support for this program is all but non-existent.

Their PCMark05 program has a fatal flaw where people with RAID arrays cannot even get a score. Their answer to this? Don't use the RAID array. This was their answer for the people that have bought the Pro version.

Trombe said:
You should tell as many people as you can to exploit it and have them do it. That will get thier attention.... :sn:

Agreed! If they don't listen, then after seeing a bunch of extra high scoring 3dMarks that are WAY out of proportion, they will need to listen! I suggest PM'ing people and make sure they put G cheat. I'm not asking to PM me, just some people you trust not to share it and then 3DMark WILL need to do something about it.

just saw your latest score - I guess since the driver is not FM Approved it doesn't have any impact on the ORB and they'll won't have to change anything - is it that only because of the 5.7 - if not - let us finally know what you did :)

I agree, might as well tell everyone to stir the pot. When it becomes a serious issue, they might actually bother doing something about it.

Back