• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G found a new 05 cheat and now owns the fastest XL on the planet

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I can't say I'm very happy with Futuremarks silence about this either, so here is what I'm going to do. I need somebody trustworthy (hopefully a long time member of the OCforums community) who is in posession of 2 7800GTX' running in SLI. We'll work together and see if we can set a new (fake) world record accompanied by an explanation.

So, if you have such a beefy setup, or know somebody trustworthy who does PM me or suggest them here.

Can you do those runs with FM approved drivers ???
The thing is nobody will do anything about those scores since you are running non-approved drivers to begin with. There are no concerns from FM in that respect and they'll just ignore them and continue to do so.

It would change drastically if you could reproduce this with an approved driver.

You might have not even noticed this but if you search for your score with FM approved drivers - you score will not pop up.

Just curious - does yor run look anything like that?

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    8.2 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
I have 2 6800gts in SLI that run a 9860 in 3dMark05, but I doubt that's not enough for what you're looking for.

Rotarian_SC said:
I have 2 6800gts in SLI that run a 9860 in 3dMark05, but I doubt that's not enough for what you're looking for.
nice score! did you try and oc the cards to get over 10k or are they already oced?

blitzkrieg1110 said:
nice score! did you try and oc the cards to get over 10k or are they already oced?

They're already OC there at [410/1100], but they're the only component in the computer that's OC, and they're still on stock cooling. I'll use my system for two years then go to h20 I think, or possibly but doubtfully liquid nitro because I'll have a supply of that.

Regarding FM approved drivers, I've been running the tests before FM has approved the sets, I guess they don't update that field after they get approved :shrug: I'll do another run once 5.7 is approved although if my upgrade to 5.8 is delayed too much I'll start to get antsy heh.

Rotarian_SC said:
As nifty as your setup is we wouldn't be able to break the record with those two cards + the cheat.

mikeguava said:
just curious - does yor run look anything like that?
I'm not going to say anything about how the cheat works.

z
Gnerma said:
Regarding FM approved drivers, I've been running the tests before FM has approved the sets, I guess they don't update that field after they get approved :shrug: I'll do another run once 5.7 is approved although if my upgrade to 5.8 is delayed too much I'll start to get antsy heh.

As nifty as your setup is we wouldn't be able to break the record with those two cards + the cheat.

I'm not going to say anything about how the cheat works.

they do update. - but please could you just run the 5.6 and check?

It would make me much more comfortable.

5.6 is faster than 5.7 anyways - you'll be better off going back :)

The thing is - as it is now it would be a pretty harmless cheat as it is very easy to spot - since it is so bold - which in my point of view makes it less powerful than something more subtle like LOD tweaks ( or cheats - whateva you wanna call em)

There is a a cheat in 03 with approved drivers that has a similar effect on the score as yours - but it is also very easy to be spotted because of the ridiculous performance increase. I am not asking you to disclose a true cheat -just to verify that it in fact is possible with FM approved drivers.
If so would you please let us know whether I can be adjusted to be subtle - which then would make it a powerful cheat...and if FM wasn't responding to that - I and I am sure lots of others would become very concerned and I'd be all up to make an effort to have FM make a stronger effort.

FM is also aware of the 03 cheat and has not been able or tried to prevent it - but also FM has not had a real reason to change it due to the fact that the community has been policing itself - and all cheats have been deleted in no time.

The fact that you posted that there is a cheat available might raise doubts in many benchers mind - especially if the next best score is maybe a tad bit off ... right away peeps will yell foul...
maybe you won't mind to put the bit of effort into clearing it up for us that the cheat in fact can pass approval driver status or not.

One last favor to ask you - I case that the Cheat works - don't give it to the NVidia camp - they already have enough cheats in their drivers - keep it ATI :p

Last edited:
Also, the cheat is very powerful, it's capable of getting you any score between a certain range so if you wanted to you could get 100 points extra, or 200 or whatever you needed. The runs I posted were with the cheat's "power" maxed out.

Also, the cheat had nothing to do with drivers. I am fine with you not being comfortable with my runs being on non FMA drivers :p Oh and by the way it looks like the cheat is in the "NVidia camp" now as you so elegantly put it :rolleyes:

Anyway guys, G cheat is working locally on my new GT however ORB doesn't let me publish the results. They must have figured out a way to detect it. Here is what I need: somebody who can both keep his mouth shut and has an X800 who I can test this with privately. If you fit that description PM or IM me. If it gets stopped on the X800 too then I'll post what the cheat is/was.

Last edited:
Anyway guys, G cheat is working locally on my new GT however ORB doesn't let me publish the results. They must have figured out a way to detect it. Here is what I need: somebody who can both keep his mouth shut and has an X800 who I can test this with privately. If you fit that description PM or IM me. If it gets stopped on the X800 too then I'll post what the cheat is/was.

Try contacting some of the mods at xs, they usually take this stuff pretty seriously, and definately have the hardware to test these things.

OperativeSix said:
Try contacting some of the mods at xs, they usually take this stuff pretty seriously, and definately have the hardware to test these things.
As much as I appreciate the suggestion I don't really understand why you'd recommend going to a different forum when there are hundreds of users around here with the proper hardware. If I wanted to deal with XS I would have posted this on XS.

Anybody else remember a time when ocforums was more than just a bunch of links and references to XS? Maybe I'm too old :shrug:

Last edited:
Hmmm the saga continueth then.

Heh, I'd be inclined to get something like a Volari V3 or something, edit the Bios and driver install scripts to make it the "Titanium Extreme GT Edition" or something, make it pwn the top ATI and nVidia cards, post up a review saying ATI and nVidia are dogmeat with this card you can get for only $150. Refer ATi and nVidia PR departments, then watch them kick snot out of futuremark for not fixing the cheat.....

but then, I'm evil :D

Road Warrior

Wouldn't nVidia just ask you straight up for the cheat so it could artificially inflate its benchmark scores again though ;)

Back