• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G found a new 05 cheat and now owns the fastest XL on the planet

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
{PMS}fishy said:
What happened?
I'm not going to say how I did it until I have heard back from futuremark. This is something pretty much anybody could do, with any card. It's real easy. You could have a fake result up 10 minutes after I posted an explanation.

Last edited:
Gnerma said:
I'm not going to say how I did it until I have heard back from futuremark. This is something pretty anybody could do, with any card. It's real easy. You could have a fake result up 10 minutes after I posted an explanation.

Send me a PM, the numbers look as if they could be legit, aside from the clock speeds that you are running.

I have found a few issues with 3Dmark, espcially with ATI cards.

Id like to see if an nVida card is affected as well.

hUMANbEATbOX said:
is it an exploit in thier database, or in the way you ran the bench?
It was on my end, not in their net software.

I still haven't heard back from then. Oh well its the weekend.

Give that man an x850 and a cascade and let him take down all non SLI rigs in 05 for OC3dmark. J/king It is kind of cool though that there are actually some things that can add huge points in 05 it might make it worth benching.

speed bump said:
Your project is still valid looks like this could be a legitimate tweak interested in sharing? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
This is NOT a legitimate tweak. I'm not going to tell anybody how I did it either, it's a much too powerful exploit.

I'm corresponding with Futuremark. They have not told me if they've been able to reproduce it yet but hopefully tomorrow or early next week.

Hmm yeah he is about 10000 points ahead of the second place x600 with a slower CPU. I tried but I couldn't get this exploit to work in 03 or 01. If he did get the trick to work somehow, I doubt it would affect it that much or in the way his results break down. The nature of 01 would make the ratio of increase much smaller than 05. But I could be wrong :shrug:

Gnerma said:
This is NOT a legitimate tweak. I'm not going to tell anybody how I did it either, it's a much too powerful exploit.
Thank you for making this clear that it's not going to spread. And our 3D team needs no Cheating B.S. to score good.
the important thing i would like to know is if Futuremark has in fact gotten back to ya. So we may see this issue patched soon.

Gnerma said:
Hmm yeah he is about 10000 points ahead of the second place x600 with a slower CPU. I tried but I couldn't get this exploit to work in 03 or 01. If he did get the trick to work somehow, I doubt it would affect it that much or in the way his results break down. The nature of 01 would make the ratio of increase much smaller than 05. But I could be wrong :shrug:
I emailed the guy - he said that it was just a random fluke and he has no idea how it happened

Back